PDA

View Full Version : 4520/C55/C550 help needed

dancing-dave
01-22-2004, 10:59 AM
I want to construct a 2 way set up fro my 24'X24' basement with the 4520 cabinet, 2395 lens like in the attached diagram. (I've also seen many pro sound places with "double scoops;" would these be worth looking into?)

What other HF and LF drivers are suitable for this set up and also what dividing networks (or active crossovers) are decent for this? I'm trying to keep a $1500 cap on the entire system and I already have several tube and solid state amps on hand.

My company (duo-audio.com) builds DJ equipment and we're coming out with a 3 way EQ and a phono preamp in the next 2 months. So I need a system where I can monitor and test the performance of the equipment soon.

Thank you,

David

Hofmannhp
01-23-2004, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by dancing-dave
I want to construct a 2 way set up fro my 24'X24' basement with the 4520 cabinet, 2395 lens like in the attached diagram. (I've also seen many pro sound places with "double scoops;" would these be worth looking into?)

What other HF and LF drivers are suitable for this set up and also what dividing networks (or active crossovers) are decent for this? I'm trying to keep a $1500 cap on the entire system and I already have several tube and solid state amps on hand.

My company (duo-audio.com) builds DJ equipment and we're coming out with a 3 way EQ and a phono preamp in the next 2 months. So I need a system where I can monitor and test the performance of the equipment soon.

Thank you,

David

Hi David,
(I'm the 2343 guy as you know)

I can tell you only from my experiances with my 4530 .
I built them 8 years ago with 2205H, for mid I used 2397 with 2441. I used no tweeter. The system was active driven by a Rane AC23 with 800 Hz

My experiances were not only good with the system.
The woofer section was full of "combfilter effects" in cause of the horn serpentines. The bass in the section between 60 to 120 Hz was powerfull and very dry.

Short........thats why I at this time go the bassreflex way, which is much easier for a low bass. The missing 4 to 5dB in the efficiency are easy to kill with a higher amp-power. The bassreflex system sounds a lot more "hifi".

HP

dancing-dave
01-24-2004, 02:43 PM
Can you recommend a decent bass-reflex enclosure that would be able to cover this 24'X24' space?

It would be much nicer to deal with a rectangular box filled with fiberglass than to construct horn foldings.

Hofmannhp
01-24-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by dancing-dave
Can you recommend a decent bass-reflex enclosure that would be able to cover this 24'X24' space?

It would be much nicer to deal with a rectangular box filled with fiberglass than to construct horn foldings.

Hi Dave,

yes I can,...try to get two 2240, 2241 or better 2245. Midbass 2202H. Put it in a 10cuf box , ported in the right way, hook up your 2395 from 800Hz to 7 kHz. Add two 2405 and you are ready for take off. The deep bass will more solid to 28- 30 Hz as from the horn (but with 6dB less dB/W)

My room is about 26' x 25' (nearly the same) and it works fine.

HP