PDA

View Full Version : Is this just par for the course here @ LH?

herbman75
04-08-2007, 07:55 AM
I will refer you to this thread -

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=13445

Over 2 months since this clown has been paid. Won't answer emails or PM's.

Does this sort of thing happen here often?

Robh3606
04-08-2007, 08:22 AM
I moved the thread into here as I felt this was a more appropriate Forum. I really don't like seeing this happen but it does from time to time. There have been several ocasions of this over the life of the Forum but I don't think it's a normal occurance.

The only issue I ever had was packaging on a heavy piece. There wasn't enough packaging around the unit to make a claim with the shipper so I just hauled it into the shop, had it repaired, and that was the end of it. Other than that all has been as promissed.

So who was it??

Rob:)

Titanium Dome
04-08-2007, 08:37 AM
As you indicated in the post in the other thread you started in December, it happens a lot everywhere, including here. There are unscrupulous people everywhere, who look for ways to rip you off, especially if there is a good chance they can get away with scamming trusting buyers.

This site is no exception, and some transactions have gone sour here. They cost some people their money (and faith in forum members), and they cost others their reputation and membership (banned). Liars, cheats, and thieves troll sites like this, looking for trusting victims, and then they deceive them for money.

Someone is going to say to you, "Buyer beware" or "It's your fault for... (whatever)," but it's a sad commentary on the morality of people that A) they'd commit crimes this way in the belief that they won't get punished, and B) that the authorities and "regular" citizens will blame you for losing your money rather than that the criminal should be found and punished. It's sad that you did a pretty good job of checking the seller out and still got burned.

Having said that, a lot of successful transactions have taken place here with happy results. Not everyone is a criminal. There are many great members here who've helped me and whom I have helped.

herbman75
04-08-2007, 08:38 AM
No one knows a member here is a bad seller unless you call them out.
So - who was it?

I have attempted to refrain from calling him out by name, as I still vainly cling to the idea that he might actually send the speakers one day.

I will say this about him hjames -

He lives in the same commonwealth as you and hasn't posted here since I did my WTB post.

If you try it's not really that hard to figure out.

Anyway, I don't want to go off on him too bad. I know more than anyone $hit can happen and things can go awry. But, deep down I am starting to feel as though I have been burned.

I know L36's don't really have the greatest rep over here, but that is beside the point. This is a project I have had up in the air for quite some time and I am eager to finish. Very frustrating indeed.

Also, I am not independently wealthy, so $250 is a lot of money to me. I could have used that $ to make a car payment or buy groceries...

:(

herbman75
04-08-2007, 09:09 AM
I would call him out right now, but what good would it do if he never comes back to this forum again anyway? He han't done a post since I sent him the money. Bashing someone in a forum they will never visit or read again is kind of redundant.

hjames
04-08-2007, 09:37 AM
Yeah, whatever ... this sounds like its gone into the realm of fantasy retribution "I'll send Rambo to kick his butt for my stolen $250 ..."

You say you got ripped off by someone here but won't call him out.
When things pass 3 weeks on bay I'm on top of it, but for you its 8 weeks or more. You won't name names. That sounds supicious. I'm outta this conversation ...

Actually there is one option I am going to try before I start bashing him by name, address, email, etc.

I might have an ace in the hole.

My best friend since kindergarten, a 6 foot 3 inch 275 lb half Irish half Philipino with a taste for liquor and violence decided after high school to join the Navy. He went on to become a SEAL, and currently does "contract work" for the US Govt.

Coincidentally, he currently lives about 30 minutes away from addrerss of the LH member I sent the money to.

I am thinking of sending him over there to collect personally. I know for a fact he would do it and take a certain sick pleasure in doing so.

Robh3606
04-08-2007, 09:55 AM
Another unsubstantiated claim from Market Place.

Thread is Closed

Rob

richluvsound
04-08-2007, 10:26 AM
I'm sorry you are so upset, but hj is absolutely correct. Just name the person and be done with it.

I have sent thousands all over the place to members. Not one of them has let me down.

special op's ? come on; thats not what i feel this forum is about. I have found trust, respect and kindness in abundance. SHIT HAPPENS !!!!!! Stop hurting yourself with this kind of behaviour. So, you lost $250.00 and you want to let this person rob you of your serenity as well;)
Rich