PDA

View Full Version : Cabinet k2 s9800

korgroenewoud
04-05-2007, 07:05 AM
I bought three weeks ago a pair K2 S 9800. I am very satisfied about these speakers. A new dimension in listening.
Though there is a strange phenomen. When i knock with my fingers against the backside top of one cabinet, there is a massive sound. The other backside top of the cabinet sounds not massive.
The top seems made of sonoglas. Maybe this material has not overall the same thickness.
I have read in the manual that there are screws innerside the cabinet which hold the top of the cabinet on its place. Should i control these screws and thighten them??

fimo0001
06-16-2007, 12:35 AM
I've just bought a pair of new K2 S9800se,and to give you some info,I've knock tested them.
They sound equally.
Good luck in your futher investigation.:)

Titanium Dome
06-16-2007, 01:45 AM
Congratulations to both of you on your wonderful acquisitions! :applaud:

korgroenewoud:

I would expect the sound to be consistent, so perhaps there is a defect or simply something loose. If you bought them new, then the dealer should investigate. If you bought them used, check to see if the five year warranty is still in effect; if so, the have an authorized dealer check them.

If there is no warranty, then you must investigate yourself unless you want to pay for it. Still, a phone call or e-mail to JBL might get you some free advice on whether or not it's a problem and what you should do.

DISTRIBUTOR TOWN/PROVINCE PHONE E-MAIL
Harman Consumer Holland Groot-Ammers 0184 60 80 60 [email protected]

fimo0001
06-16-2007, 12:03 PM
What I really ment, is that my new, under full warrenty,
K2's sounds cosistent, when I do the knock test.:)

I'm pleased that you join this thread, and give me this opportunity to explain what I really ment.

korgroenewoud
07-14-2007, 11:59 PM
The problem is solved.
I (and the authorized JBL dealer) have tighten all bolts and the cabinet sounds massive.
Thank you for the help.

PS

It takes about three hours to unlock that cabinet.
What a huge woofer that 1500 AL!!!

Titanium Dome
07-15-2007, 07:31 PM
Very glad to hear this. You are a lucky, lucky man.

caladois
07-17-2007, 01:43 AM
The problem is solved.
I (and the authorized JBL dealer) have tighten all bolts and the cabinet sounds massive.
Thank you for the help.

PS

It takes about three hours to unlock that cabinet.
What a huge woofer that 1500 AL!!!

Hello,
Do you have some pictures of the unlocked cabinet ?