PDA

View Full Version : crossover help

mrid88in
04-03-2007, 08:36 PM
Hi
Will a simple first order type crossover work with my 515B's and 288-16G drivers?
The woofers are in RCA Fans half horn cabinets,and the 288's are mounted to 700hz conical horns.
Suggestions for better crossovers EQ circuits are welcome.I have the old Altec 800Hz crossovers will they be suitable?
Regards
Rajiv

speakerdave
04-03-2007, 09:16 PM
I'm not familiar with the horns you mentioned, but if those crossovers are what you have, I would suggest you try them. If they are "old" as you say, a rebuild with new high quality capacitors is probably a good idea--in fact, may be necessary to protect your compression drivers.

You can find lots of information about various capacitors that have been tried by the members here by doing a search (or several).

If those RCA cabinets are the ones I think you mean, they are really cool designs. I would like to have a pair of them myself.

Where in India are you? I recently visited your country for the first time, and I have to say it was an incredible experience.

Parts Express is a good source for capacitors of different grades, and price.

David

mrid88in
04-04-2007, 02:08 AM
Hi David
Thank you for your suggestions.
I hope that your experiences in India were good.I live in the south of India in a city called Madras(Chennai).
Regards
Rajiv