PDA

View Full Version : Fender Twin Reverv Speakers???

Krunchy
04-02-2007, 06:40 AM
Does anyone know what were the stock speakers that came with the vintage reverv amps. was it the D140F's @8ohms 15" speakers? (8ohms or 16ohms)
I saw one on that had the orange label and was marked fender. seller did not list what amp it would be for. I also saw some D 140f's but they did not say fender on them. these are the same speaker right? Do the D130f's come into play here at all. Lastly what is a fair price for these speakers today. Thank you everyone

X_X
04-02-2007, 07:27 AM
Does anyone know what were the stock speakers that came with the vintage reverv amps. was it the D140F's @8ohms 15" speakers? (8ohms or 16ohms)
I saw one on that had the orange label and was marked fender. seller did not list what amp it would be for. I also saw some D 140f's but they did not say fender on them. these are the same speaker right? Do the D130f's come into play here at all. Lastly what is a fair price for these speakers today. Thank you everyone

Krunchy,

Fender has been reincarnated so many times over the decades- the list of loaded drivers is varied. Some of the earliest ones utilized Jensens, with JBL D120F's becoming optional in later years. The story continues...

Rather than exhaust a complete history of Fender on these forums, I suggest you do a web search for the ocean of historical information readily available elsewhere. Values are determined by the "street"; study ebay completed auctions over a course of several weeks.

However, if you wish to know what drivers replace a specific year and model, I can assist you.

cheers,
Nate

Krunchy
04-02-2007, 08:28 AM
Thank you Nate!

Zilch
04-02-2007, 11:56 AM
I guess I'm ignorant.

I thought it was Twin Reverb....

hjames
04-02-2007, 12:25 PM
I guess I'm ignorant.

I thought it was Twin Reverb....

Nah - its actually twin Reaper ...

for hard core shredding - death-metal stuff

or playing the forbidden chord

moldyoldy
04-02-2007, 12:26 PM

merely uninvormed ;)

Krunchy
04-02-2007, 04:44 PM
yous guys arse so elpful, thank you, thank you, thank you!

X_X
04-02-2007, 04:59 PM
yous guys arse so elpful, thank you, thank you, thank you!

Oh, it gets better. There are many elpful people here......and a few arses passing wind/through. Even a few leeches demanding free lunches will post/panhandle a few times. Stick around.

Nate.

Zilch
04-02-2007, 05:30 PM
yous guys arse so elpful...!"Search," and ye shall find....

Krunchy
04-03-2007, 05:21 PM
gotcha!

X_X
04-03-2007, 05:43 PM
Back to your original question-

To illustrate the confusion I hinted at earlier, the "F" denotes Fender. Some were orange, some were exactly like like the JBL home/pro version except they had the letter 'F', and some didn't have the 'F' at all- yet were the stock drivers. Then there were the optional models and custom orders...

Considering you cannot get recones on many of these vintage JBL/Fender drivers- the condition is everything when determining value. A matching pair fetches even more than two singles in most cases, a perfect cone (pref a later one with numbers) without any cracks to the surrounds, and no discoloration or damage gets the price higher. Close numbers, good foilcals, perfect paint job (sometimes orange fetches more), makes it climb even higher. Pictures, feedback, the phase of the moon- all determine the bottom line.

Such is the case for nearly all things vintage JBL/Altec. I did not meant to be rude, but your question was far too vague. Again, if you want to be specific with what you have, I can help.

cheers,
Nate.

Krunchy
04-03-2007, 06:22 PM
Nate, thanks for the recent tip, but, I dont undertand, why did you get so inflamed with my previous post, the "you guys arse so elpful" one.
I had thanked you for your initial helpfulness then you call me a "free lunch demanding, panhandling leech, thats harsh!
That reply was directed at Mr.Zilch, Hjames and moldyoldy. The Zilchster busted my chops for not spelling Reverb right/correctly (hasty typing dyslexia and entropy) (he's a tough guy on spelling, hope he's more linient w/the grammar), then everybody else chimed in, so I left a sarcastic reply, all in good fun.
This is a tough crowd, holy moly. Where's the sense of humor, where's the cammaraderie, where is the humanity?!?!?!
Actually everyone I've interacted with so far has been very helpful indeed (you know who you are, the guilty ones) sorry if I offended you or anyone else with my posts. This is all new to me and will try to be more specific and just maybe, slightly more knowledgeable in the near future.

I though my "avatar" said it all. guess not, back to the drawing board.

grumpy
04-03-2007, 06:38 PM
Hey Krunchy,

Don't let any of this put you off or take it personally.... I read even Nate's
response as being light-hearted ... after a fashion.

In regard to your original question though, I thought the twin reverbs
nominally came with dual 12" drivers whether Jensen like the current
repro '65's or the later JBL's...

-grumpy

Krunchy
04-03-2007, 07:03 PM
Yes, you are right. I think Bo mentioned the E120's. thank you Grumpy.

grumpy
04-03-2007, 07:07 PM
might have a peek here too, re vintage Fender tube amps:

http://www.ampwares.com/ffg/

Krunchy
04-04-2007, 10:09 AM
Thanks again grumpy, will do.

X_X
04-04-2007, 10:52 AM
Nate, why did you get so inflamed with my previous post, the "you guys arse so elpful" one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arse

I had thanked you for your initial helpfulness then you call me a "free lunch demanding, panhandling leech, thats harsh!

I never said that to you. I simply illustrated the environment in which this forum habitates. There are many kinds of people here. Not sure why you took that statement personal, unless you were able to identify with it. Let it roll off.

That reply was directed at Mr.Zilch, Hjames and moldyoldy.

Now, 'That's harsh'. :)

The Zilchster busted my chops for not spelling Reverb right/correctly (hasty typing dyslexia and entropy) (he's a tough guy on spelling, hope he's more linient w/the grammar), then everybody else chimed in, so I left a sarcastic reply, all in good fun.

I can understand the 'search' thing beause this forum has (at our gracing) the main bloke behind the JBL drivers as they relate to all things Fender and that man is none other than Harvey G. A simple search would have revealed that.

The spelling part seemed to be all in good fun, too. Perhaps Zilch was mistreated as a former grammer student.(???) Ask him.. I think he was just having you on.

This is a tough crowd, holy moly. Where's the sense of humor, where's the cammaraderie, where is the humanity?!?!?!

'Tough crowd'? More like tough love. It can be a tough crowd at times, so balance your idealism. Over time members can become jaded, I suppose. Maybe it stems from the fact we have had to defend our choice in brand while the elites snub noses. Perhaps it stems from the drama this forum has endured over the years- some of the old threads read like a teen angst drama.

There is a wealth of information here- most of it comes without the need to post a single question. Searching can yield vast amounts of data, but you must be willing to read....a lot. Grumpy pointed the way.

Actually everyone I've interacted with so far has been very helpful indeed (you know who you are, the guilty ones) sorry if I offended you or anyone else with my posts. This is all new to me and will try to be more specific and just maybe, slightly more knowledgeable in the near future.

This is where thick skin comes in handy. Don't take it personal- even if the attack becomes personal. Remember, most of the ones that make direct, personal attacks wouldn't have the courage to speak face to face in such a manner...yet behind the relative safety of a keyboard...

If I am going to make a personal attack- you'll know it. I would be banned quickly because it is against forum rules, but it would have your name in it. Likely a PM. Until then, don't sweat it.

I thought my "avatar" said it all. guess not, back to the drawing board.

I do like the avatar. Fitting. ;)

cheers,
Nate.

Krunchy
04-04-2007, 12:48 PM
All right then!
with grumpy's help I did find out that the black face (63-67) Fender Twin Reverb's came stock with Jensen C12N or Oxford 12T6's.
thank you all.

moldyoldy
04-04-2007, 01:03 PM
You're Velcome! :)

Krunchy
04-08-2007, 06:28 AM
http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/images/attach/jpg.gif

moldyoldy
04-08-2007, 07:44 AM
Looks like an Oxford to me. :dont-know