PDA

View Full Version : Help selling a Paragon, please?

oldsoundz
04-01-2007, 02:00 PM
I am getting ready to help another forum member in my area sell his Paragon.

I am looking for what the key selling points would be for this piece. What are the things that YOU would look for?

Aside from driver arrangement, dates, serial numbers, and obviously condition, what should I touch on? I would greatly appreciate some input. This is the most recent one to be discussed in the market place from Salt Lake, 80's model.

Chris

jim campbell
04-01-2007, 02:06 PM
pix.............and more pix ,numbers of course,original bill of sale if available,pix,
old pix in its enviorns,pix and did i mention pix?

Gary L
04-01-2007, 03:11 PM
I am so glad no one has mentioned Pictures.

I truely believe and item such as a Paragon in super nice condition deserves the input from a very highly competent photographer.

Description should say what needs to be said with out being too wordy.

We don't really care if your fathers, brothers uncle used it sparingly.
The thing that sells is photos and the better the photos the better the end results. If you stink at digital photography, as I do, have a pro do it right under proper lighting and his price will be paid in the end.
Keep in mind that many who would view the auction photos might not have HS connections so short and sweet is the best way to go.

Gary

jim campbell
04-01-2007, 04:17 PM
the thing to remember about light is to try and take the source away.if you know someone in the film biz he may have some diffusion or bounce the light source off the ceiling or a piece of white styrofoam,then trial and error.backlighting can be done with a couple of soft whites bounced off the wall behind.

Oldmics
04-01-2007, 04:46 PM
Make sure that you include some pictures of the rear of the unit including the numbers on the right rear top section.

Also if you can get a shot of the red wax seals that are on original unmolested 375 drivers.

I"ll make a 5K offer sight unseen ;)

Good luck

Oldmics

John
04-01-2007, 07:37 PM
Make sure that you include some pictures of the rear of the unit including the numbers on the right rear top section.

Also if you can get a shot of the red wax seals that are on original unmolested 375 drivers.

I"ll make a 5K offer sight unseen ;)

Good luck

Oldmics

I will go $5001 and pick it up.:p

Oldmics
04-01-2007, 07:43 PM
And the bidding begins:applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

Now wheres that Lansing Heritage "snipe" feature?

Oldmics

RKLee
04-02-2007, 09:03 AM
For me, If someone asked me the following question as related to the JBL/Ranger Paragon; in words, how would I describe it? I would ask the simple question, along the lines of something like, "It's simple, how would you describe the Grand Canyon or the aurora borealis? Simply awesome."

I think didn't create this, I saw this in an old JBL Paragon brochure years ago.

oldsoundz
04-03-2007, 04:18 PM
I just wanted to express my appreciation for the tips offered by the members of this awesome forum. I am sure this info will prove invaluable when this item comes to auction. I have found that it is in the Heritage Registry.

Also, if there are any other forum members in my area (Salt Lake, Ut.) who want to show off their cool gear to a beginner/novice JBL fan, PLEASE pm me.

I have only been able to experience these speakers on smaller scale to this point. I would love to hear some of the bigger guns from the arsenal.

Best Regards to all,

Chris

Hofmannhp
04-06-2007, 12:43 PM
..... I have found that it is in the Heritage Registry. ......Chris

Hi Chris,

which one is it?

regards

HP (the registry worker)