PDA

View Full Version : Altec Lansing Model Seven = HELP PLEASE !

Seguace
04-01-2007, 12:37 PM
Dears, I have just discovered your valuable forum + source of informations .
I am happy and surprised of having found so many estimators.
I have 2 pairs : Model Fourteen and Model Seven.
I'd like to find technical informations about the Model Seven in particular.
In facts I need to buy some parts on eBay , but I don't know anything about the drives model used for these loudspeakers.
I have also tried to open and to look at the back of med-range drives , but nothing is written or printed . :banghead:

Please can somebody help me in finding technical informations about my Model Seven ?

Thanks

:o:

Gary L
04-01-2007, 08:19 PM
Welcome Seguace. It is hard to get information on the model 7 Altecs because these were never considered pro speakers so very few of us here have done much research.
I do see the model 7 on ebay and also the woofers and tweeters being sold seperately. The model 14 is a very nice speaker and there are many here with them and alot of info can be found for this one.

Gary

grumpy
04-01-2007, 08:58 PM
http://www.lansingheritage.org/html/altec/catalogs/altec-cat.htm

check 1975 and 1978 home catalogs... -grumpy

moldyoldy
04-02-2007, 09:05 AM
Altec part numbers for Model Seven components are;

HF- 33695
MR- 23891
LF- 31063
Network- 33602

Good Luck! :)

Seguace
04-02-2007, 12:10 PM
Thanks Friends for the help :bouncy:
it has been totally satisfactory !

I appreciated ... going to find some spare drives for my Sevens' ...
thanks God the Fourteen are in good health

See you

:thmbsup:

Seguace
04-03-2007, 03:11 PM
Dear friends ... how do you decode the following part numbers ?
HF- 33695
MR- 23891
LF- 31063
Network- 33602

I mean ... are those codes I can look for on eBay ?
Should I search for other codes ?

Looking forward for your kind answer

CIAO ! :hate-pc:

moldyoldy
04-03-2007, 04:55 PM
Unfortuneately, the only place you'll find those numbers is on the back of the respective drivers, probably in a listing's pictures. Sometimes a seller will list those numbers in the description, in which case the item would appear in a full text search. Ususally though, a simple search for Altec Seven would be more productive.

I've watched Altec items on eBay for a long time, and don't remember ever seeing any Model Sevens or components, but then I wasn't particularly looking for them, and my memory's not that good either.

I'll keep your needs in mind though, and will PM you if I come across anything. Just don't hold your breath in the meantime, and keep looking on your own. :)

ADDED

On a hunch, I rechecked the component list, and discovered some components were also used in other models;

HF (tweeter)- also in Models One, Three, and Five
MR (midrange)- also in Model Nine
LF (woofer)- also in Model Five

ADDED LATER

Here's my "saved search" for Altec items. It eliminates most of the plastic garbage, but includes all categories. Usually returns about 300 items (with added filtering), which can be browsed fairly quickly;

altec -inmotion, -multimedia, -docking -xm, -zune, -motion, -truck, -m604, -headset, -gaming, -computer, -ipod, -5.1, -4.1, -headphones, -dell, -earphones, -2.0, -2.1, -powered, -portable