PDA

View Full Version : Clapton made a stop in town last night.

John
03-28-2007, 11:53 PM
First time I have seen the man. He made it look and sound way too easy. Fantastic concert, sound was like a top notch Hi-fi rig with live dynamics.
No ears plugs needed, sound crew dialed in the sound like it was mixed for my seat in the 9th. row floor.:applaud:

Storm
03-29-2007, 01:48 AM
Very cool!

I am glad you had a great time.

Clapton is on my top 5 artist list. Wish I was able to see him when he stopped through Phoenix, but ticket prices were too high and the place he played at always has horrible sound.

I am definately saving my money and when Genesis rolls in...there is no stopping me then.

;)

-Storm.

johnaec
03-29-2007, 04:53 AM
Fantastic concert, sound was like a top notch Hi-fi rig with live dynamics.Did you notice if he's still touring with a JBL Vertec rig?

John

opimax
03-29-2007, 05:09 AM
Never miss him, favorite era Derek and the Dominos

When he is playing is in my top 1 or 1 :)

Sometimes drops to 2 when the original Allman Bros were playing but after the concert he goes back up :)

Mark

sourceoneaudio
03-29-2007, 09:11 AM
You are one lucky person!!!!!! :applaud: :applaud: I tried to get tickets to see him here on the 10th of this month and floor seats started at $300.00 each. Very sad to have missed that show.

J/S-S1A :D

jim campbell
03-29-2007, 09:20 AM
hey john were you part of that crowd at the windsor after.i wandered in to see big dave mcclean and whomp the palce went from 10 people to hanging off the ceiling.....

BMWCCA
03-29-2007, 09:52 AM
He played here recently (with Derek Trucks, Robert Cray, Robert Randolph...) but all seats sold out in six minutes while I was waiting for confirmation of my order on-line due to a computer glitch. I actually saw my seats, knew what their numbers were, and when I hit the trigger the computer prompt told me to wait for processing. A half-hour of waiting later I called and they said all sold out. Bonnie Raitt's coming here and I was out of town last week. Tickets went on sale Friday and were sold out that day.

jim campbell
03-29-2007, 11:14 AM
derek trucks was not here.it is however getting to be a bit of a crapshoot with some of the older name acts.i heard that clapton was really good but a lot of them phone it in and at these prices................the hockey rink rock experience leaves me cold these days as the crowds seem to be there for anything but music.drunks tripping over you on the way to the beer line,screaming in your ear and all other forms of bad behaviour just dont make for a musical experience i care for.i really understand why a lot of them do phone it in. sitting in or worse having to stand on a folding chair in a crowd of noisy drunks ..............nah

sourceoneaudio
03-29-2007, 11:23 AM
derek trucks was not here.it is however getting to be a bit of a crapshoot with some of the older name acts.i heard that clapton was really good but a lot of them phone it in and at these prices................the hockey rink rock experience leaves me cold these days as the crowds seem to be there for anything but music.drunks tripping over you on the way to the beer line,screaming in your ear and all other forms of bad behaviour just dont make for a musical experience i care for.i really understand why a lot of them do phone it in. sitting in or worse having to stand on a folding chair in a crowd of noisy drunks ..............nah

I'm with you on that. I would rather wait for a good DTS 5.1 or 6.1 DVD to come out, that the band would consider one of the best shows they did one the road. Then sit down at home and enjoy with the wife and a brewski.

J/S-S1A :D

John
03-29-2007, 06:40 PM
Tickets were $125 CN. for this show as well as all the Canadian dates. With ticketmaster fee's about $135.

I have been to about 10 shows at the 2 year old MTS centre and have never had a problem or even observed a problem with drunks, fights or roudy behavior.

The old barn they called the Winnipeg Arena, well that was a different story.

Since they opened this facility they have kept everthing in check at all the events I have attended. I have had the pleasure to have had floor seats for all shows. No one gets on the floor with out the right tickets. Non smoking and air-conditioning make for a very nice experience.

Looking forward to Roger Waters on June 27. Anyone going??? :bouncy:

John
03-29-2007, 06:45 PM
hey john were you part of that crowd at the windsor after.i wandered in to see big dave mcclean and whomp the palce went from 10 people to hanging off the ceiling.....

Nope It's been about 5 years since I have stopped in there.:cheers:

I went for some Chinese food after the show and headed home after that.
:D

Storm
03-29-2007, 06:46 PM
Looking forward to Roger Waters on June 27. Anyone going??? :bouncy:

You lucky, man!

I should just move to Canada -- legal same sex marriage and all the best acts. Life is good up there!

:)

-Storm.

John
03-29-2007, 06:55 PM

Derek Trucks replacement.

John
03-29-2007, 07:00 PM
Did you notice if he's still touring with a JBL Vertec rig?

John

I am 99.9% sure it was. :D Way to go JBL:applaud:

fiddleback
04-29-2007, 06:12 PM
saw clapton and muddy waters at the seattle center arena in the late 70's clapton was good but muddy waters was better

steve

DefaultName
05-03-2007, 08:28 PM
For real? Wish I'd live there.

McIntosh MA6900 Integrated Amplifier (http://www.who-sells-it.com/cy/mcintosh-laboratory-inc-1500/ma6900-integrated-amplifier-5970.html) - Download the MA6900 Integrated Amplifier Catalog by McIntosh Laboratory, Inc.