PDA

View Full Version : Moron needs help....

stratbastard
03-26-2007, 10:01 PM
Hope that got your attention LOL...
I am a guitarist and an amp collector, and as such have a trainload of vintage JBL D110's, D120's, D130's, Le8's (these are GREAT!), Le10's, D208 and 216's... well, you get the idea.
I have already been told there is no way to accurately date one of these, as JBL did not use the EIC code that was common among manufacturers. Is there ANY way to narrow down, say, a D130 grey frame speaker? I know they go to a blacker looking frame at some point...s well to the Fender orange. Do the grey frames fall within a specific time frame?
My sincere apologies if this seems a simpleton's question... God made me this way, and I endeavor to trancend. I would be very grateful for the advice of any of the obviously knowledgable enthusiasts in this forum.
Thank you in advance!
Best regards,
Stratbastard

JBL Dog
03-26-2007, 10:17 PM
Hope that got your attention LOL...
I am a guitarist and an amp collector, and as such have a trainload of vintage JBL D110's, D120's, D130's, Le8's (these are GREAT!), Le10's, D208 and 216's... well, you get the idea.
I have already been told there is no way to accurately date one of these, as JBL did not use the EIC code that was common among manufacturers. Is there ANY way to narrow down, say, a D130 grey frame speaker? I know they go to a blacker looking frame at some point...s well to the Fender orange. Do the grey frames fall within a specific time frame?
My sincere apologies if this seems a simpleton's question... God made me this way, and I endeavor to trancend. I would be very grateful for the advice of any of the obviously knowledgable enthusiasts in this forum.
Thank you in advance!
Best regards,
Stratbastard

Share your serial numbers the registry. This may help narrow down some of the dates of manufacture.

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=8792

Fred Sanford
03-27-2007, 04:18 AM
Photos & descriptions help, too- some aspects do change within date ranges as you described.

Good luck,

je (LPSpecialbastard that owns a guitar named the "TeleBastard")