PDA

View Full Version : USB Sub Woofer

Boyd Bergen
02-27-2007, 07:43 AM
I was given a 3 speaker set, Altec Lansing CHW 0252675. There are 2 connections from the sub woofer to the computer - a sound card connection and a USB connection.

The set was originally sold with a Dell desktop, so I have been to the Dell website to try to get the software to run the speakers on MS 2000 or XP. The only thing I can find is software for a sound card connection set - no software to drive the USB connection.

All the documentation I can find on Dell talks about systems to which you can connect 2 or 4 speakers to the sub woofer. My system only has 2 speaker connections from the sub woofer.

Does anyone have the software for this model?

Boyd Bergen

Robh3606
02-27-2007, 10:20 AM
You are on the wrong forum for this information. The Altec name has been sold several times. Is there any more information on the speakers besides Altec?? What happens when you do an internet search for that model?? Might get you to the correct OEM for it. They may have the USB drivers as a download.

Rob:)

hjames
02-27-2007, 10:23 AM
I answered you in the other thread you started - here.
http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=14930

Boyd Bergen

Boyd Bergen
02-27-2007, 10:55 AM
You are on the wrong forum for this information. The Altec name has been sold several times. Is there any more information on the speakers besides Altec?? What happens when you do an internet search for that model?? Might get you to the correct OEM for it. They may have the USB drivers as a download.

Rob:)

Rob,

On the back of the sub woofer it also has:

"Altec Lansing Multimedia Computer System Powered Sub Woofer ACS 495"
Does that make it an Altec Lansing produced product or is it still 3rd party?

Boyd

johnaec
02-27-2007, 12:23 PM
"Altec Lansing Multimedia Computer System Powered Sub Woofer ACS 495"There are Windows XP drivers for this at: http://members.driverguide.com/index.php?action=dosearch&qm0=speakers&qa6=64&dp=2&sm=b&jmd=and&fzz=bindows

'Don't know if they'll work for Windows 2000.

Google is your friend...

John

kingjames
02-27-2007, 12:31 PM
I was given a 3 speaker set, Altec Lansing CHW 0252675. There are 2 connections from the sub woofer to the computer - a sound card connection and a USB connection.

The set was originally sold with a Dell desktop, so I have been to the Dell website to try to get the software to run the speakers on MS 2000 or XP. The only thing I can find is software for a sound card connection set - no software to drive the USB connection.

All the documentation I can find on Dell talks about systems to which you can connect 2 or 4 speakers to the sub woofer. My system only has 2 speaker connections from the sub woofer.

Boyd Bergen

In Xp you don't need a driver as it is already included in the operating system. You should be able to just plug and play.If not you have another problem,or maybe the driver for your sound card is loaded.