PDA

View Full Version : US vs. EU ebay

Hofmannhp
01-11-2004, 04:16 PM
Hi all,

When looking through the US ebay pages and found an interesting JBL (or other) part......the bottom lines very often shows "shipping only to US".

Sometimes it's hard in cause of good stuff.

Otherwise it maybe the same from the US side...I don't know.

Here's my offer:

Anybody from this fantastic forum found something and does the hit......you can use me as your bridge to your home.

I hope that my german or european buddies in this forum will do the same.

Please let me know your thoughts.

HP

JBLnsince1959
01-24-2004, 11:51 AM
HP

I meant to reply to this awhile ago, but got busy ( out of "site" out of mind).

If you need a person here in the US to help you get stuff, let me know. I work alot and travel also, BUT, If I can help I certainly would offer my assistance ( just no 4435's or 4350's please, the wife would shoot me - ha). well, on the other hand email first and I'll take my chances.

Goes for anyone out there not in the US. Just email me first to see if I'm going to be here. I may not always be able to do this, but if I can, I will.

I think it's a great idea you have.

Greetings
rick

Hofmannhp
01-24-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by JBLnsince1959
HP

If you need a person here in the US to help you get stuff, let me know. I work alot and travel also, BUT, If I can help I certainly would offer my assistance ( just no 4435's or 4350's please, the wife would shoot me - ha). well, on the other hand email first and I'll take my chances.

Goes for anyone out there not in the US. Just email me first to see if I'm going to be here. I may not always be able to do this, but if I can, I will.

I think it's a great idea you have.

Greetings
rick

Thanks a lot Rick,...thats what I mean.:cheers:

Of cause I ask before bidding on something, how this can be handled.:thmbsup:

thanks again

HP

JBLnsince1959
01-24-2004, 01:52 PM
HP:

I'm not completely sure as yet.:confused: , But we can work out the details as time goes on. I'll have to do some research here on my end about shipping or mailing stuff to Europe and else where:hmm:

as far as money ( for the shipping), I can ( finally) get my paypal account finished and we can use that to transfere funds for the shipping. Or if you have better ways, let me know.

I'll only ask exactly what it cost me and send copies of the receipts of course.

Anyway, I think it's a very good idea and I'll do what I can to help.

take care
rick
:band:

Hofmannhp
01-24-2004, 02:00 PM
HP:

as far as money ( for the shipping), I can ( finally) get my paypal account finished and we can use that to transfere funds for the shipping. Or if you have better ways, let me know.

I'll only ask exactly what it cost me and send copies of the receipts of course.

Anyway, I think it's a very good idea and I'll do what I can to help.

take care
rick
:band:

Hi again Rick,

you took the words out of my mouth.

I'm also a PayPal'er, and you are absolutely right.

My thread for this theme wasn't with a look to an actual deal.....only when the right stuff is in ebay.
But nice to know that this way will work.
BTW: I have at the time a very little business with Bo, who was so kind to send me some 2240 terminals.

HP

PS: where are you located? "KS"= Kansas?

JBLnsince1959
01-24-2004, 02:20 PM
HP:

"My thread for this theme wasn't with a look to an actual deal.....only when the right stuff is in ebay. "

Understand....

Yes, KS = Kansas. I'm in a suburd of Kansas City on the Southwest side

rick

leif
01-25-2004, 11:03 PM
I have also been frustrated about this "only shipping within USA" thing. And I dont see the reason why they do so.
I have missed out several good items, and have mailed the sellers that I am willing to transfer money to his account before he send the parcel. But for some reason, they do not want to do it.
A while ago, I wanted to buy a pair of 4435 on ebay. I contacted a shipping company here in Norway. They offered to arrange for picking up the speakers from the sellers house, packing them, shipping them to Norway and bring them home in my living room. It would cost of course, but I was willing to pay.
But NO, the seller did not want to sell outside USA...
Argh....:banghead:

Hofmannhp
01-26-2004, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by leif
I have also been frustrated about this "only shipping within USA" thing. And I dont see the reason why they do so.
I have missed out several good items, and have mailed the sellers that I am willing to transfer money to his account before he send the parcel. But for some reason, they do not want to do it.

Hi Leif,

regards to norway....

if you are able to do it like Rick (as writen in the above thread)
just give a sign and we (at this time Rick and me) logg you in in our little "Network" .:) I just look for a world map to needle the points where those guys are positioned. At this time I only need two needles incl. me.

HP

JBLnsince1959
01-26-2004, 07:31 AM
HP

I can understand their hesitation as there maybe a lot of issues they don't want to deal with ( import duties, taxes etc) and they just want to make a "quick" buck, and shipping overseas may be a lot of work on this end.

There will be issues that will come up if we do this. Like - "should we open the box and check if it's in good shape or if they really shipped what was ofered for sale? But if we open the box to check, then are we responible for broken stuff or wrong stuff etc". I know I've bought stuff on ebay and it's not exactly what was promised and then a BIG hassel followed.

It can get complicated if something goes wrong and of course we don't want to get in war of words or bad feelings between the members here. This would take a certain level of trust on everyones side.

I understand your frusration tho about not having stuff where you live, there are many good speakers not found in the US here. Sometimes I wished I lived in Japan so I could hear them or buy them if I wanted

well, got to get to work. We'll talk later.

take care
rick

leif
01-26-2004, 11:31 AM
Yes I can uderstand if the seller do not get his money before he send it.
But in my case with the 4435, I offered to send him the money ahead. So he would have the money in his hand while he still had the speakers home in his house. And he did not have to pack them or do nothing. He only had to be home to open the door to his house when reps from the shipping company come to collect them.
Why he did not want to do it that way, I dont know. I was willing to pay the price he wanted for them. And what deal could be easier and more safe for him than this one? I dont know.

I have done quite a lot of buying and selling in Norway, and have always paid ahead of shipping. And for all the years, it has never ever been a problem.

Thanks to you Germany for offering to help me out next time.
Auf widersehen.

Leif Arild

Ralf
01-28-2004, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by Hofmannhp
Hi Leif,

regards to norway....

if you are able to do it like Rick (as writen in the above thread)
just give a sign and we (at this time Rick and me) logg you in in our little "Network" .:) I just look for a world map to needle the points where those guys are positioned. At this time I only need two needles incl. me.

HP

I would follow gladly the network. I am still on the search for two 2245H. perhaps can me someone help?

Greetings
Ralf

Hofmannhp
01-28-2004, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by Ralf
I would follow gladly the network. I am still on the search for two 2245H. perhaps can me someone help?

Greetings
Ralf

Hi Ralf,

nice to read this....

I will put the third needle into the map, but where in germany?

HP

JBLnsince1959
01-28-2004, 10:47 AM
Ralf:

If you find a pair in the US, I'll help of course. I'll also look for a pair here for you, but most of my searches are on ebay which you can do. If you find a pair and they don't want to ship outside the US, just have them shipped to me and I'll get them to you.

take care
rick

Hofmannhp
01-28-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Ralf

Greetings
Ralf

Hi Ralf,

try this:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3269671647&category=21994

HP

Hofmannhp
01-28-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by leif
Yes I can uderstand if the seller do not get his money before he send it.
But in my case with the 4435, I offered to send him the money ahead. So he would have the money in his hand while he still had the speakers home in his house.
I have done quite a lot of buying and selling in Norway, and have always paid ahead of shipping. And for all the years, it has never ever been a problem.

Thanks to you Germany for offering to help me out next time.
Auf widersehen.

Leif Arild

Hi Leif,

have you seen the 4435 in ebay (see my thread in Marketplace)?

HP

Ralf
01-28-2004, 06:50 PM
Hi Ralf,

nice to read this....

I will put the third needle into the map, but where in germany?

HP

Hi HP,

Put your needle in here:
Kitzingen (25km from Würzburg)

Greetings
Ralf

Ralf
01-28-2004, 06:56 PM
Hi Ralf,

try this:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3269671647&category=21994

HP

Hi HP,

Thank you for the tip. I already observe the article. Perhaps I have luck and the people to disturb itself at the evaluations of the salesman...

Ralf
01-28-2004, 07:00 PM
Ralf:

If you find a pair in the US, I'll help of course. I'll also look for a pair here for you, but most of my searches are on ebay which you can do. If you find a pair and they don't want to ship outside the US, just have them shipped to me and I'll get them to you.

take care
rick

Wau. That is spontaneous assistance. Thanks for the offer. If I discover somewhat interesting, I return to it. Of course I help also, if you find something in Europe...

Greetings
Ralf

JBLnsince1959
01-28-2004, 07:36 PM
Ralf :

"Of course I help also, if you find something in Europe... "

sounds nice, thank you, OR you could just buy me a beer if I'm Germany.:cheers:

Greetings
rick

Ralf
01-28-2004, 07:52 PM
Ralf :

"Of course I help also, if you find something in Europe... "

sounds nice, thank you, OR you could just buy me a beer if I'm Germany.:cheers:

Greetings
rick

That is nevertheless natural. If you come to Germany, we will test some beer places... no doubt
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

JBLnsince1959
01-29-2004, 06:42 AM
Ralf:

"That is nevertheless natural. If you come to Germany, we will test some beer places... no doubt "

Of course!!!:bouncy: :cheers:

are you going to bid on the 2245 mentioned earlier?

Greetings

rick

Ralf
01-29-2004, 05:34 PM

are you going to bid on the 2245 mentioned earlier?

Greetings

rick

Hi rick,

I am waiting myself like the price developed. If it is interesting, I will also enter. But not at any price.

Which makes me momentarily a little bit confused is that no indication concerning the shipping costs is to be found on this auction.

I send him an email and asked for the costs but I got no answer...

ralf

Hofmannhp
01-31-2004, 03:51 AM
Ralf:

"That is nevertheless natural. If you come to Germany, we will test some beer places... no doubt "

Of course!!!:bouncy: :cheers:

Greetings

rick

Hi Rick, Hi Ralf

I agree with the beer test. In the meantime I need some time for my own testings....I began a week before......

Here's some of this stuff!!!

HP

Ralf
01-31-2004, 04:02 AM
Hi Rick, Hi Ralf

I agree with the beer test. In the meantime I need some time for my own testings....I began a week before......

Here's some of this stuff!!!

HP

Yoooo...

I test since I was 16....
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

pierrebuck
01-31-2004, 11:42 PM
Hi HP
Add another needle from Strasbourg ( France ) or
Eine neue Nadel auf Deinem Erdball von Strasbourg Elsass.
Pierre

Hofmannhp
02-01-2004, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by pierrebuck
Hi HP
Add another needle from Strasbourg ( France ) or
Eine neue Nadel auf Deinem Erdball von Strasbourg Elsass.
Pierre

Hi Pierre,

Ok....thanks a lot.

Please think about those needles are not only for me.......:)

HP

Ralf
02-03-2004, 04:21 AM
I have an idea about the shipping costs.

does anybody knows someone, who is in army? They can send private things free over the ocean...

JBLnsince1959
02-03-2004, 06:57 AM
Hi Guys

I don't know of anyone.:(

rick

Hofmannhp
02-04-2004, 08:58 AM
Hi Rick,

please look to your PMs.

regards HP

JBLnsince1959
02-04-2004, 01:11 PM
HP

sorry, I had never looked into my PM's before ( didn't think anyone would write). OK, so now I know how to use the PM. Let me know if you got my answer ( I'm still learning about this)

take care
rick

jtgyn
05-11-2004, 07:07 AM
G'Day,
If you need to buy something in Oz and you need a local address please PM me and I will be happy to assist.

Regards Scott

Hofmannhp
05-11-2004, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by jtgyn
G'Day,
If you need to buy something in Oz and you need a local address please PM me and I will be happy to assist.

Regards Scott

that' a word.....:)

thanks Scott

HP