PDA

View Full Version : 044Ti disassembly

Andyoz
02-22-2007, 05:17 PM
I have seen a pair of 044Ti's but the front frame (i.e. the outer black ring section) are a bit rough. I am told that the front grill and domes are fine though.

Is it easy to replace the front frame section as I could maybe re-use them in my 250Ti's if my 044Ti's ever give up working?

Don C
02-22-2007, 05:40 PM
It depends. Usually, when you loosen the screws that hold the cast front section to the magnet/pole piece, the voice coil alignment is lost. There are no pegs to align the gap on this type of tweeter. So you would need to use a tone to center the voice coil in the gap when tightening the screws again. I have had some where the diaphragm assembly was glued to pole piece. That kept the voice coil centered even if you removed the casting. But the only way to tell if you have one of those is to take it apart.

Andyoz
02-22-2007, 05:47 PM
Thanks, you have worried me a bit as I would probably be unlucky and find that this pair do not have the diaphragm assembly glued to pole piece. I am sure I have seen photos of 044Ti disassembly on this forum but can't find them again.

Here's a (crappy) photo of the units.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g240/andyoz/JBL044Ti.jpg