PDA

View Full Version : Well, back again with L-96's

whitese
02-18-2007, 09:19 AM
But my system has changed a lot since I first posted with my museum quality L-96's.

I have been looking for a pair ever since I sold mine...I finally found a pair that I could pick up. I must say....I didnt remember these speaks sounding as good as they did..but then also I didnt have the same amps and pre driving them either.

And to boot, a friend is refurbishing some L-222's tuned to be L-220's..but i wont get those babies till the summer...im,possible to veneer in winter its seems.:banghead:

Amps are Bel Canto Orfeo 845 SET mono's,,,Pre is a Thailand made Transformer Volume Control....CDP is Parasound CDP-2000, TT (missing from pic is a Thorens TD124 MKII, once GordonW gets done...or a Technics SP-25 with Sumiko MMT (Once GordonW gets done).....

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c207/whitese/100_1860.jpg?t=1171815459

mike
02-18-2007, 10:18 AM
It's good to see you got another pair. I'm the guy that bought your other pair a few years ago. The ones that I bought off of you may not have sounded quite as good because the new foam was still stiff on them. I've broken them in a little and they sound great.

Mike

soundboy
02-18-2007, 12:12 PM
I found a pick up pair for $175 on craigslist....promised them to a friend:banghead:....he better appreciate it....the next pair is mine....beautifully built, under appreciated speakers, yours look wonderful, and mint....beautiful system....thanks for the pics:applaud:

whitese
02-18-2007, 02:27 PM
Thanks Mike...I am glad yours got better.....I think when I had yours, they sounded good, but got carried off by the EV's......Its a shame that more people dont try top gear with some of these L-96's....