PDA

View Full Version : Any recommendations or suggestions for mounting the JBL badges on the new L 100 grill

SUPERBEE
02-16-2007, 03:35 PM
I am really nervous about slicing into brand new $250 grilles.

fotodan
02-16-2007, 04:14 PM
Is there enough give in the foam to compress it, to look original. Mine fell apart years ago, but if I remember right, I thought they were countersunk into the foam.

Zilch
02-16-2007, 04:23 PM
How 'bout this: cut a hole in a piece of cardboard just bigger than the peak you want to trim.

Place it over the surrounding ones and press down, elevating and providing access to neatly trim that one with a razor knife blade.

Cardboard acts as a screed for a level and uniform cut....

SUPERBEE
02-16-2007, 04:33 PM
Is there enough give in the foam to compress it, to look original. Mine fell apart years ago, but if I remember right, I thought they were countersunk into the foam.

How 'bout this: cut a hole in a piece of cardboard just bigger than the peak you want to trim.

Place it over the surrounding ones and press down, elevating and providing access to neatly trim that one with a razor knife blade.

Cardboard acts as a screed for a level and uniform cut....

There is not enough give in the foam. You have to really bear down on the cardboard and keeping up that exact pressure is tough.

Good idea though.

Zilch
02-16-2007, 05:20 PM
O.K., call in the rabbi, then.

[He knows how to do this.... :p ]

macaroonie
02-16-2007, 05:28 PM
NO FURTHER MESSGE:applaud:

SUPERBEE
02-16-2007, 06:09 PM
OK, We are going in.......

Any suggestions on what type of glue to use? Crazy glue, elmers?

HipoFutura
02-16-2007, 07:55 PM
How about clear silicone. Just a drop or two should work nicely. Don

Don C
02-17-2007, 10:33 AM
We've discussed the attatchment before. They are supposed to be attatched with Velcro. This allows the badges to be removed and rotated, in case you want to have speakers mounted sideways. When I did the raffle speakers, I didn't have the right information. I had the style badges that have a pin sticking out the back, so I made a washer and pinned the badge to the foam, compressing that one block. It worked OK.

SEAWOLF97
02-17-2007, 10:47 AM
OK, We are going in.......

Any suggestions on what type of glue to use? Crazy glue, elmers?

speaker re-foam glue...pliable and very sticky. goes on white , dries clear. I use it for many household projects.