PDA

View Full Version : thanks for your help ive decided to keep the jbl l200b instead of the altecs

angel mercado
01-07-2004, 09:55 PM
thank you all for the help im going to keep the jbls after seeing the love some people have for these older vintage jbl stuff i be dumb if i didnt keep them again thanks :smthsail:

jtgyn
01-08-2004, 03:48 AM
G'Day Angel,
Good taste is it's own reward.
Enjoy!

Regards Scott

Maron Horonzakz
01-08-2004, 07:08 AM
Wise choice.

Mike C
01-08-2004, 03:51 PM
Hi Angel, I must have missed your other threads. What model Altecs are you giving up for the JBL's?. I have owned several pair of various JBL monitors and a few Altec systems, I love both for their different sonic caractors my 10 year old daughter has a pair of Altec Santana mk 11's in her system and do you think I can wedge them from her? not a chance!!. I offered to swap them for a pair of L-100's I had last year and her reply was a cute "in ya dreems dad" so there you have it different speakers have a signature that just grabs you and will not let go. I guess I'm saying if you like you Altecs keep them for music they sound great with and I'm sure the JBL's will cover the rest. I had a pair of L-300's with 2235's in the bottom end they were just great, that would be the closest thing to L-200 that I've owned. Keep em both and enjoy.
Mike.C

angel mercado
01-08-2004, 04:29 PM
altec voice of the theatres a-7 but man in still having problems with this i might just buy me a bose then i can relax (not):confused: well i mean bose clain there products are superior to the rest and i believe everything i read :rotfl:

Maron Horonzakz
01-09-2004, 05:20 PM
Bose? Sombody hand me the rope.

angel mercado
01-09-2004, 09:01 PM
no seriously i will keep these ive already located some jbl 2405 tweeters next the xover these speakers will rock:rockon1: im already putting tung oil on them i put poly but took it off i rather have tung oil than poly i already have some enclosures made for the tweeters it was a freebie