PDA

View Full Version : Altec 402A

AstroSonic
01-06-2004, 01:54 PM
Just got a pair of Altec 402A drivers at a 'garage sale'. They are 8-inch woofers with a heavy stamped steel frame, cylindrical alnico magnet with a distinctive slanted box type magnet structure with one side missing, and a cloth accordian edge surround. I am wondering what they were used in and when. Could not find mention of them in the 'Library'. Does anyone have the T/S parameters for them? Were they the 8-inch driver in the 700B bookshelf system? Any info appreciated.

Regards,

Bob

boputnam
01-08-2004, 07:02 PM
Hey, Bob...

I keep watching your post - very odd you've not received one nibble in so many days. Are you certain it is a "402A"...? :confused:

I've searched BassBoxPro and WinISD and neither have that driver loaded. Nor can I find anything on the Lansing Heritage site.

Maybe my refreshing the Thread will bring someone who knows something...

Rex Mills
01-08-2004, 08:34 PM
I have seen several pairs of the Altec woofers on ebay, but never a mention of what they came out of. You might try posting on the Altec forum.
http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum&f=3729

AstroSonic
01-08-2004, 09:04 PM
Hey, thanks for the replies. The drivers have fully intact labels with 'Altec 402A' printed on them. I'll try posting on the Altec forum. Meanwhile, if anyone knows something about these drivers any information would be appreciated.

Regards,

Bob