PDA

View Full Version : Ohm's for Lancer L101's

congalocke
02-11-2007, 06:58 PM
Hello,

I am new to this site and have been lurking for a week or so. I am trying to find the ohm rating for a pair of Lancer 101's. Before I plug my Sony ES555 I wanted to make sure that I didn't do any damage to the poweramp or speakers. I was thinking that I might have to take a speaker out or such to be sure of the information but thought I would ask first.

Thanks!
conga

kingjames
02-11-2007, 07:23 PM
LF LE14A 8 ohm
LE175 16 ohm
System 8 ohm

congalocke
02-11-2007, 09:01 PM
king james,

Thank you for your repsonse....sorry for my ignorance but did you give me ohms for the speaker and tweeter and than what the overall ohm was for the whole System should be run at? I should just set the amp so it can run 8ohm speakers? Or do I need to identify the drivers and than setup the amp accordingly?

Thanks Again!
conga

Titanium Dome
02-11-2007, 09:35 PM
Check out all the info here:

http://manuals.harman.com/JBL/HOM/Technical%20Sheet/L101%20ts.pdf

The complete speaker runs at 8 Ohms nominal impedance.

kingjames
02-11-2007, 11:15 PM
king james,

Thank you for your repsonse....sorry for my ignorance but did you give me ohms for the speaker and tweeter and than what the overall ohm was for the whole System should be run at? I should just set the amp so it can run 8ohm speakers? Or do I need to identify the drivers and than setup the amp accordingly?

Thanks Again!
conga

Ti dome has posted a link and this is the way to go. I only posted the OHM"S because it was easy to locate this info,all other technical data should be left to the ones who have experience with that of which I don't.:)

congalocke
02-12-2007, 10:26 PM
I want to write and say thanks for your help. I hooked up the speakers (first time to hear them) and all I can say is "WOW!". I have Kef Q10 speakers for mains and center in my home theater setup with a Klipsch SW10 for the sub. I just received John Catchings Wayfaring Stranger which is mainly cello and decided to demo it on the Lancers. I resetup the system for Large Speakers and No Subwoofer and it was beautiful. The Lancers had a presence and size that I am just not familiar with. I switched it back to the Kef's W/sub and dinked a little but one thing is certain...I need bigger mains in my setup.

Thanks Again!
conga