PDA

View Full Version : 2402 Phase plug stuck fast!

jbl_man_uk
02-11-2007, 04:06 AM
Hi Guys,a really silly yet annoying problem,trying to change a diaphamm on a 2402,cant undo the rear screw securing the phase plug,if i put any more leverage on it,its going to shear the screw off,any ideas? the driver is nice and clean,its not a rusty old one.
Thanks,Ian.

Hofmannhp
02-11-2007, 04:26 AM
Hi Guys,a really silly yet annoying problem,trying to change a diaphamm on a 2402,cant undo the rear screw securing the phase plug,if i put any more leverage on it,its going to shear the screw off,any ideas? the driver is nice and clean,its not a rusty old one.
Thanks,Ian.

Hi Ian,

had the same problem some time ago......take a good fitting srewdriver for the srews head, lay the driver face down on a hard surface, a good punsh with a hammer on the srewdrivers back, in most cases it works now.

only my experiance, maybe it will work also with your driver.

HP

macaroonie
02-11-2007, 06:35 AM
Try to tighten it first an then it should come free easily. Make sure your screwdriver is the correct type for the screw. This tip works a treat for old woodscrews esp brass like you get on door hinges but also works on machine screws. :)

jbl_man_uk
02-11-2007, 08:49 AM
Yes,thanks guys, success HP! i gave it a good sharp whack as u suggested,and its now apart...was actually a fair bit of corrosion on the retaining screw thread when i got it out...anyway,all OK now.:applaud: