PDA

View Full Version : I give up

Rolf
02-10-2007, 10:54 AM
Yes I do. Every time I give a comment, a suggestion or whatever, they are ignored. No reply. To those of you that think "finally" you get your wish. I MIGHT follow the forum, but can't promise.

Some of you people must think that I am " pain in the ass", "he knows nothing" etc. OK! I can understand that, and is why I give up. What is the fun being here ... trying to help, and the "better wiser" always take over? The 2000-> to oblivion should know the best. Do they? In my opinion NO. The 100 -> 2000 looks like they know SO much. To those I say: Shut up and listen.

There are people here that have more post from late 2006 until now, calling them self "senior members". I have been here almost since the forum started, got a lot of help (thanks Giskard), know a lot about JBL, but nobody listen to what I say.

As the Title says: I give up!

Regards to the ones I love. (you know who you are and send me a PM if you want)

Rolf

SEAWOLF97
02-10-2007, 11:05 AM
Yes I do. Every time I give a comment, a suggestion or whatever, they are ignored. No reply. To those of you that think "finally" you get your wish. I MIGHT follow the forum, but can't promise.

calling them self "senior members". Rolf

Rolf -

I can hear your frustration. We all have good and bad days. Let it go today, and start back in fresh tomorrow.

The title "senior member" is automatically generated by the vbulletin software when a person passes 100 posts.

Hoerninger
02-10-2007, 11:20 AM
Moin Rolf,

please stay, I would miss your Norwegian voice.
I know from my profession there are often only a few who are talking regularly but many are listening.
I read your postings.

SUPERBEE
02-10-2007, 11:21 AM
To earn the title of "Flaccid Member" now THAT is something:applaud:

BMWCCA
02-10-2007, 11:33 AM
Every time I give a comment, a suggestion or whatever, they are ignored. No reply.
There are people here that have more post from late 2006 until now, calling them self "senior members". I have been here almost since the forum started, got a lot of help (thanks Giskard), know a lot about JBL, but nobody listen to what I say.

As the Title says: I give up!Man, I've gone back and reviewed your posts to figure out what you're talking about or, better, what pissed you off. I see a complaint about the use of French and a complaint about photos in the "non-audio" section accompanied by your plea for an "off-topic" section. Aren't "non-audio" and "off-topic" pretty much the same? I value input from everyone here and I don't make the claim "senior member", it just came to me because I like to comment....like I'm doing now! I'm here to learn, and share if and when it's appropriate.

If you've got a specific comment or something that bugs you, let it out. I was looking for specific advice, comment, or suggestion you made that was ignored and I'm afraid I just don't see a compelling case to be made for your indignation. That being said, I'd still hate to lose your contribution and unique perspective. But that's just my opinion. What do I know, I'm only a "senior member". I'd chalk it off to either language barrier issues or just normal problems with the limits of electronic communication with respect to how it dulls nuance, inflection, and tone. We love you, really we do! :applaud:

SEAWOLF97
02-10-2007, 11:57 AM
We love you, really we do! :applaud:

yup , and Sally Field, too.....

jim campbell
02-10-2007, 12:02 PM
matter of fact in the music-whats playing now section there are a bunch of replies for you specifically

Hoerninger
02-10-2007, 12:08 PM
yup , and Sally Field, too.....
Spaßvogel ;) (Joker)

SEAWOLF97
02-10-2007, 12:11 PM
Spaßvogel ;)

Xin loi, Peter , toi khong hieu tieng Duc ?

boputnam
02-10-2007, 12:37 PM
...Shut up and listen.A lot of us do just that.

Hi, Rolf...

You really don't know whether your posts are ignored, or not. No-one arguing with you is not a measure of being read. :p

Shared experience and knowledge is the intention of this place. Participate when you can... :yes:

Robh3606
02-10-2007, 01:15 PM
Hello Rolf

Please don't do that. Take a week or two off and come back fresh. I get frustrated sometimes here as well and I have had my moments just like anyone else. I have posted questions with no reply or answered questions with no reply. That's just the nature of the beast don't take it personally.

Rob:)

johnaec
02-10-2007, 02:26 PM
Yes I do. Every time I give a comment, a suggestion or whatever, they are ignored. No reply.Please don't interpret "no reply" as being ignored, etc. If everyone who agreed with any given post piped up to say "I agree", this forum would be swamped with these types of replies. I think if someone says something that makes sense, yet gets few replies to it, that simply means most agree... :dont-know

John

kingjames
02-10-2007, 02:32 PM
Rolf, anyone who has a German Shepard in their Avatar is alright with me. beautiful Dog,almost make's you wish Human's had such loyalty. I always read what you say but have not the level of knowledge sometimes to post a reply. But I do enjoy reading them anyway.

My posts are just limited to things for sale,things I just bought and stuff like that. I stay out of the DIY in most cases because I don't have a clue what people are talking about there. I read them none the less hoping I can pick up some pointers and, I do.

Sometimes when I start a thread I don't get replies but then I'll look and see how many read that thread and , in some cases that is good enough for me.

Don't quit,keep posting and,to do anthing less would be (UN-JBLish) of you.(if there is such a word):p

Ian Mackenzie
02-10-2007, 02:39 PM
Rolf,

Take time out, it works.

Ian

grumpy
02-10-2007, 08:32 PM
Take time out, it works.

Agreed. A forum sabbatical can be refreshing. Certainly would be happy
to see you back when you have the time/inclination. Best regards, -grumpy

jim3860
02-10-2007, 09:29 PM

Some of you people must think that I am " pain in the ass", "he knows nothing" etc. OK! I can understand that, and is why I give up. What is the fun being here ... trying to help, and the "better wiser" always take over? The 2000-> to oblivion should know the best. Do they? In my opinion NO. The 100 -> 2000 looks like they know SO much. To those I say: Shut up and listen.

As the Title says: I give up!

Regards to the ones I love. (you know who you are and send me a PM if you want)

Rolf well i know for a fact i read several of your posts yesterday. because i havent replied does not mean that i feel your posts have less merit or value than anyone else here. in fact unless it is something that i feel that i have a personal intrest in or its something i can help with i dont usally respond. i think it was one of those times that for whatever strange twist of fate it happened that no one responded to your posts is all. no biggie, i have had the identical thing happen to me on other forums. i had posted 5-6 times about diffrent things and not a single response. i was sure it was a plot against me :p they all hated me. nah it was only a strange coincedence nothing more. if it makes you feel better i will look up your last 10 posts and make a comment ok. REGARDS JIM

JBLRaiser
02-11-2007, 11:24 AM
Rolf, anyone who has a German Shepard in their Avatar is alright with me. beautiful Dog,almost make's you wish Human's had such loyalty. I always read what you say but have not the level of knowledge sometimes to post a reply. But I do enjoy reading them anyway.

My posts are just limited to things for sale,things I just bought and stuff like that. I stay out of the DIY in most cases because I don't have a clue what people are talking about there. I read them none the less hoping I can pick up some pointers and, I do.

Sometimes when I start a thread I don't get replies but then I'll look and see how many read that thread and , in some cases that is good enough for me.

Don't quit,keep posting and,to do anthing less would be (UN-JBLish) of you.(if there is such a word):p

Unfortunately, it's my wife's loyalty to her mother.:banghead:

kingjames
02-11-2007, 01:48 PM
Unfortunately, it's my wife's loyalty to her mother.:banghead:

this is good!:rotfl: