PDA

View Full Version : L96 : better sound with no grille clothes

tofkitaff
02-07-2007, 02:32 AM
Hi JBL fans...

I am again asking a small question related to my L96's. By the way, still impressed each new listenning session by those fabulous speakers and still convinced that I will not find better for the price (and much more, for sure !).;)
So, the question is the following : I have heard a big difference without the grille clothes : the sound is quite more "Aerial" (sorry, english is not my mtotherlanguage and describing a sound is enough difficult sometimes in my motherlanguage, so in enlgish... :blink:), probably due to the fact that high freqencies are "blocked" or at least slowed down by the grid cloth. So, is the speaker designed to be listen with or without grid clothes ? If the sound is better without (and it is my opinion), is there any newer grid clothes that can be used, that do not slow down high frequency ? I still have the "old" brown one, but is there any reason to change ?

..oupss !! I forgot to tell that I perfer without for listenning and nice looking (this white woofer..) but when children are playing around, I prefer to dress my speaker again ! :D

Thanks for your answers,
ToFKiTaFF

Rolf
02-07-2007, 02:36 AM
Hi.

All speakers sound a little (or much) better without the grills, depending on the fabric used.