PDA

View Full Version : grill cloth

kc8tpr
01-27-2007, 01:18 PM
Im lookign for a reasonably price source for some cloth. im looking fo the bronw that was used on the L26 speakers. They are lookingkinda pathetic and i just picked up a newer set of j216a's that need new grills. So i thought that i would make them match.

thanks,
steve

Zilch
01-27-2007, 01:40 PM
I'm your source for JBL Monitor Blue, if you decide to update.... :thmbsup:

LRBacon
01-31-2007, 09:25 AM
I'm your source for JBL Monitor Blue, if you decide to update.... :thmbsup:

Hey Zilch, how much per yard are you asking for it?

Larry

Zilch
01-31-2007, 10:37 AM
JBL Monitor Blue is $18/yard plus shipping.

The material is 68" wide, so you get nearly two square yards for each lineal yard purchased. :thmbsup:

Send me a PM to order....

LRBacon
01-31-2007, 11:41 AM

The material is 68" wide, so you get nearly two square yards for each lineal yard purchased. :thmbsup:

\
OK, will do Zilch when I decide to re-cloth a pair or two.
Do you have any other colors, or just the blue?

Larry

hjames
01-31-2007, 11:44 AM

GREAT stuff - highly recommended!!

(The pale circle on the left grill is dust in my camera lens, NOT a flaw in the cloth)

Zilch
01-31-2007, 12:11 PM
OK, will do Zilch when I decide to re-cloth a pair or two. Do you have any other colors, or just the blue?Zilch only does JBL BLUE! :D

[Nice pic, Heather. It's the correct color on my screen.... :thmbsup: ]

LRBacon
01-31-2007, 01:32 PM
Heather, is the cloth shown in your picture the same used on the L36 grills?

Larry

hjames
01-31-2007, 02:47 PM
Heather, is the cloth shown in your picture the same used on the L36 grills?

Larry
Honestly, I don't know. My L36s originally had the dark brown cloth (circa '76) - and I bought a spare set recently in a funky orange (the Orange probably looked better when it was new).

LRBacon
01-31-2007, 04:00 PM
Honestly, I don't know. My L36s originally had the dark brown cloth (circa '76) - and I bought a spare set recently in a funky orange (the Orange probably looked better when it was new).
How about the weave, texture?

hjames
01-31-2007, 04:13 PM
How about the weave, texture?

My L36s are packed away right now and I can't get to them for exact comparison, but as I understand it, Zilch's cloth IS the same thing as what JBL used on their pro monitors, both weave and texture are right.

The Orange cloth on the spare L36 grills I bought was funky and I could kind of see the flat black wood framing through them. (Didn't have that problem with my original dark brown L36 grills) I'd use Zilch's cloth on L36 grills with no worry - it looks good - but its a real deep dark navy blue and may look black to some folks.

LRBacon
01-31-2007, 04:16 PM
I'll have to order some from Zilch.

Nightbrace
02-02-2007, 01:53 AM
Im lookign for a reasonably price source for some cloth. im looking fo the bronw that was used on the L26 speakers. They are lookingkinda pathetic and i just picked up a newer set of j216a's that need new grills. So i thought that i would make them match.

thanks,
steve

I've got factory Brown Decade series material, 2 yards or so of it, but plenty for your L26's, which I planned on using for my L36's.. VERY RARE and hard to find. Won't be needing it.. Make a $10 donation to the LH forums and its yours. I have a set of L36 grills and many extra parts for the L36. If you are interested, send me a PM/

Zilch< My L36's have blue cloth :), not JBL monitor blue though :(, they're crappy-decade-series-navy-blue... But I like it nonetheless, better than Orange at least :)/ And Black is too boring for me... And I like Blue better than Brown...

So don't murder me for not using your material.... I know someone will find a way to ridicule me for this, so I thought I'd explain before the barrage of insults...

LRBacon
02-02-2007, 09:57 AM
Has anybody used the Stinger or R/T brands of grill cloth available at CarDomain.com?