PDA

View Full Version : Newbee needs help with hooking up 4430

loud mouth
01-18-2007, 04:26 PM
Don't laugh to much but I don't know what to do or need to byamp them i have a carver tfm45 and a carver 1.0T do i just hook the 45 to the lower posts the other to the top ones and turn it to ex-crossover?

Zilch
01-18-2007, 05:30 PM
Not without an appropriate crossover in front of the amps. Specs are on the 4430 data sheet:

http://www.jblpro.com/pub/obsolete/443035.pdf

[Footnote 6]

Rolf
01-19-2007, 02:15 PM
Don't laugh to much but I don't know what to do or need to byamp them i have a carver tfm45 and a carver 1.0T do i just hook the 45 to the lower posts the other to the top ones and turn it to ex-crossover?

Not sure what you mean. If you want to bi-amp you need a crossover. If you got one amp, set the x-over to "internal" and play.

boputnam
01-19-2007, 02:52 PM
Don't laugh to much but I don't know what to do or need to byamp them i have a carver tfm45 and a carver 1.0T do i just hook the 45 to the lower posts the other to the top ones and turn it to ex-crossover?:no: :scold: Really bad idea - glad you asked!!

Not sure what you mean. If you want to bi-amp you need a crossover. If you got one amp, set the x-over to "internal" and play.:yes:

If you DON't have an active crossover, use one of your amps - connect as Rolf directs.

loud mouth
01-21-2007, 08:55 AM
My daughter passed a few years back the doctors want me to take meds for depression but I found loud music was better. I brought some Klipsch Hershery's the 4430's and a pair of mtx all with threre own ss amp's
Wow it's loud that went on for about a year all my neibhors hate me called the cops a few times. so I turned it down and found a world I never knew about. all these years going to the high end stareo shops and listening to class A I always thought huh I'd blow that stuff away. Dumb! Ii wasent really listing untill recently my eyes or i should say ears have opend WOW I love the sound of class A. But still want to crank a song or two. That's what brought me to the bi-amping thing.One of the butts wants to clip after a recent refoam just when you hit the sweet spot in the volume.
my system now is a HK cd player sunfire pre amp and a carver tfm 45 Rega p1 Akai reel to reel.

Thanks for your ears and advice
Loud Mouth