PDA

View Full Version : any know where to get a dust cover for a 2226H and is it easy to replace?

DJ Vincenzo
01-14-2007, 09:02 PM
:banghead:

Zilch
01-14-2007, 09:36 PM
Go to the jblproservice.com transducer parts list to get the part number and order it. You'll also need the glue.

OR, ask your local reconer to install one....

DJ Vincenzo
01-15-2007, 05:43 PM
local reconer

lol, i do not live in one of the top 20 largests cites in the planet.I Guess i can try New Orleans 3 hours away.

So i shouldnt try it myself?

Zilch
01-15-2007, 05:49 PM
http://www.jblproservice.com/service/index.html

It's fairly easy once you have the part and the glue.... ;)

DJ Vincenzo
01-15-2007, 07:35 PM
if i would have to go through the trouble of replacing the dust cap...do u think i should just recone em....they pretty old...the ohm tester read differnet readings from 5.1 to 5.5....4 drivers i just bought off ebay. The Dust cap crumbled pretty easily:(

Zilch
01-15-2007, 08:14 PM
Go to jblproservice.com. Click on "Support/Info," then "Exploded View Technical Manuals," then "Discrete Sales Models," and finally "2226G/H/J/.pdf." What's it say the DC Resistance spec is there?

I assume you're a professional. You've got a lot of questions. Learn how to navigate the information resources available to you.... :yes:

DJ Vincenzo
01-15-2007, 08:47 PM
Learn how to navigate the information resources available to you.... :yes:

thats what i thought this was:D ...besides i doubt that JBL will tell u a cheaper way to fix a driver rather than to buy the newest line, lol

NC3MX
03-04-2007, 10:22 AM
Parts Express sells 4" and possibly 5" dust covers for cheap. I don't think they sell the pretty black glue though. And yes, replacing them is a piece of cake.

DJ Vincenzo
03-04-2007, 12:55 PM
thats what i did...it was easy.....glue looked like elmers but dried nicely ...the only trick was to get the dust cap to press firmly to form around the 2 raised ridges where the leads rest on the woofer....i just use a cyclnder laid flat (roll of duct tape with a weight on top of it) for the whole dust cap and 3 light wrenches leaned up on something to get in between the leads and on either side.

but im reconing that b4 my next gig anyway...found this really good reconer in New Orleans...thank God....im having 3 2226H's reconed to 16 ohm versions. Such a beautiful thing to see a recone from a jbl factory trained reconer....new woofers for less than half the price of a new one.