PDA

View Full Version : Fisher XP-12 speakers - 1967- nice

SEAWOLF97
01-14-2007, 06:09 PM
A friend came over today to look at the new OHMs. He says "do you know anything about Fisher speakers ??"
So I answers "yup , they are crap , unless they are older US made ones"
We go out to his truck and there is a large pair of walnut veneer Fisher speakers with original owners manual, dated 1967.
He hauled them in , wired 'em up and my, they sounded OKAY. Looked at the book and they are 3 way with a 12 LF , 8in MF and huge dome HF.
Made in NY. Called XP-12 Consolette.
Well , he worried that although he got a good price, there is a low WAF , since he has big Klipsh speakers.
To make the story short , he left them with me for what he paid. THey will clean up nice, just what I need ....more speakers. Will be forced to flip them , no room for storage. Would be able to live with them otherwise , no problem. Lets see....5 new to me pairs in the last month....:blink:
When will it end ??

Storm
01-14-2007, 07:02 PM
Moderators - please move this post. These are not Lansing Related Gear.

Thank you.

SEAWOLF97
01-14-2007, 07:18 PM
Moderators - please move this post. These are not Lansing Related Gear.

Thank you.

Lansing Related Gear (http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=55) (2 Viewing)
Discussions on your system, amplification, source components, competing speakers etc.

storm...you never fail to un-impress....:blink:

Storm
01-14-2007, 09:23 PM
But, how does that relate to Lansing?

Zilch
01-14-2007, 09:42 PM
But, how does that relate to Lansing?They are related as competitors, exactly as prescribed.

Maybe you drive them with a JBL amp?

Take your beef about the site design up with an administrator.

For now, an apology is what's in order, Storm.... :(

Storm
01-14-2007, 10:59 PM
Sorry.

spkrman57
01-15-2007, 07:35 AM
Do the "fried-egg" tweeters work?

I have the same system with no working tweeters.

I plan to keep the cabinet and install new guts in the future sometime.

I also have no front grills, kind of neat to see what they look like.

Thanks for sharing!

Ron

SEAWOLF97
01-15-2007, 09:55 AM
Ron

funny , I always heard that term with Advent tweeters.

Yes, I fully tested everything before purchasing.
I would rate them a little higher than an L100

The only work they really need is a toothpaste job to the tops to get out some light moisture marks. Very nice that I got the original owners manual too. It has a message from Avery about the specialness of these, and registration cards , etc. (Is is too late to reg my speakers ??)

Did some goggling the Fisher links and it seems the XP-10 is common , but the XP-12 is not.

Chip-HP
01-16-2007, 09:37 AM
... The only work they really need is a toothpaste job to the tops to get out some light moisture marks. ...

Toothpaste will remove moisture (i.e. leaking plant pot) stains ... w/o removing the finish? ...

SEAWOLF97
01-17-2007, 11:31 AM
Toothpaste will remove moisture (i.e. leaking plant pot) stains ... w/o removing the finish? ...

try it ..on the bottoms first.

SEAWOLF97
01-17-2007, 11:34 AM

Ron

these suckers are huge...domes maybe 2.5 inches diameter ?

Chip-HP
01-18-2007, 10:24 PM
try it ..on the bottoms first.

Good advice ... but most water stains that I encounter ... are on the top :) ...

SEAWOLF97
01-19-2007, 07:21 AM
Toothpaste will remove moisture (i.e. leaking plant pot) stains ... w/o removing the finish? ..Good advice ... but most water stains that I encounter ... are on the top .

understood. but you asked "w/o removing the finish?" hence...try on bottom first.