PDA

View Full Version : Am I hooking up the crossover correctly?

bear-hifi
01-14-2007, 10:49 AM
Am I hooking up the crossover correctly??? Also is there any mods that could be done to the crossover?

Thanks
Frank
3110A and 3105

LE15
LE85
2402h
H91

Zilch
01-14-2007, 11:08 AM
Am I hooking up the crossover correctly???Yes.

Also is there any mods that could be done to the crossover?Keep the HF Boost on "Min." Though I've never measured it, I believe the boost contour is wrong for the ring radiators. 3110A is more suited for use in two-ways without a UHF driver. I use 3110 for three-way with 3105; no boost in it.

I'd build new from scratch before I'd attempt any mods to those crossovers....

bear-hifi
01-14-2007, 12:01 PM
Yes.

Keep the HF Boost on "Min." Though I've never measured it, I believe the boost contour is wrong for the ring radiators. 3110A is more suited for use in two-ways without a UHF driver. I use 3110 for three-way with 3105; no boost in it.

I'd build new from scratch before I'd attempt any mods to those crossovers....

So you would keep the same type of crossover but just rebuild it the same and use all new components?

Thanks again.

Frank

Zilch
01-14-2007, 12:28 PM
So you would keep the same type of crossover but just rebuild it the same and use all new components?Well, I can't actually do that, because of the tapped autotransformer in there, so I'd build "equivalent" circuits.

There's bigger improvements to be achieved by swapping in H92 horns and a different UHF driver, tho. That's where I'd be going first, THEN choose an optimized crossover for the final configuration....

dwight8
09-16-2009, 08:15 PM
so how much will it cost to have some one build me some custom cross overs? and i live near berkeley lol