PDA

View Full Version : Chopped Split A210 CSA210 Andrew Vanderkruk

A Vanderkruk
01-11-2007, 09:21 AM
Here is Look see of this Lovely Piece, A living room sized Split A210 that was chopped down to the correct height for living room listening. I have been after that elusive live horn sound for ages now and this is as close you can get to live performance in your home and have it look nice enough to stay married. Neil's Guitar just growels right through me. how it came about was one of my customers sent me the Mike Fry writing on Splitting the A210,you all know... any way I thought great, but 60inch high? so I thought chopp it down so the height is nice for seated position listening. So 35inchs High and the width is 30 inchs the flare rate remains the same just the mouth is closser to square and inturn the sides tapper eliminating the parallel sides is good,no?? I like this set up because the horn is the same lenght and width as my Bentwood Mid range/ high horn,so the phasing is Nice. And the Large span of unsupported side is reduced and braced. Since I use this as a MID BASS I tuned it for a 60hz cut off as this most closely matches the Horn lenght and size. so the sealed chamber is sized much smaller that the Fry version. Now Hear's the thing, I have not heard the fry version so I won't relate on the comparison. All I can say is that this is very nice and tests very flat using My 4168b Altec. I don't even need a crossover it is just hooked up direct.I know,this will cause more problems but what the hell I only made it for my self. And any time you can eliminate cross over losses ,why not. I will post the RTA Andrew