PDA

View Full Version : 2258/2269

Thom
01-03-2007, 03:28 PM
Is the 2258 discontinued?
Is the 2269 available only in VT 4880A (found out the A is important)
or in VT 4881 ADP
or I saw it on a price sheet Giskard made available the other day at $29xx.xx ea
and that's higher than you could find it in one of the packages, although I don't know if it would be new in the package. Before you ask, why I want it. I don't know that I do.

For use in a domicile, does it offer any advantage over other offerings available easier for less.

If all this information is easily available and I should have found it, then just a quick link and my apologies. I've found almost nothing beyond 3" peak to peak shouldn't destroy it. That information wasn't that important. I never even considered doing that to it.

Thank you

Maron Horonzakz
01-04-2007, 08:19 AM
Thom what do you mean? I cant understand your ramblings.:blink:

Thom
01-04-2007, 06:01 PM
Damn,
This time I didn't think I was rambling. Let me try this again. I asked if the 2258 is now discontinued.
I also asked about the 2269. I saw it on a price sheet for approx $2900. making it rather pricey. I'm under the impression that it is JBL's current Super Sub, so to speak. I'm not quite sure if it has replaced the 2258 or if it has only replaced it in certain applications. I know I have seen VT4880A for high 3K in a sound brokers listings it contains two 2269 and I was just basically curious about the driver and how it compares to others for home use. I hope that's better. I don't need this speaker. I do need to be able to communicate.

Maron Horonzakz
01-04-2007, 06:28 PM
Thats better !!! Ive seen pictures of those speakers, but no detailed information....Some times i wonder whose running the marketing dept at JBL. No direct responce to my inquireries. And the Inteligencia on this site bitch if we bitch about it.;)