PDA

View Full Version : One Drunks Opinion.......

SUPERBEE
12-30-2006, 10:16 PM
OK, So after 2 weeks of playing around and trying all manner of tube amp combinations on my newly acquired 4311's and the Paragon I have come to these conclusions (Sorry I don't have any graphs to back my findings up) as to what performs the best.........To me.

I was using the Fisher X-101-C Master Control Tube Amp, A Fisher 500-C Tube Receiver, The HH Scott 208 Tube Amp and the HH Scott 355 Tube Tunner/Pre-Amp.

The best sounding combo was the Scott gear thru the 4311's. There was just something about how that amp opened up those speakers. The sweet and smooth definitions on the highs was amazing. And it still had the rich full bodied tube sound. The Scott gear sounded a hair better on the Paragon too but did not have the same impact. The 500-C still sounds a bit better than the X-101-C on both rigs so unfortunately it is going on Ebay tomorrow. I know I will never see a 101 in as nice a shape and with all the paperwork and documentation this one has but as we all know.........You cant keep everything.

jim campbell
12-30-2006, 10:18 PM
ive regretted selling every amp i ever sold.its always good to have a back up plan

SUPERBEE
12-30-2006, 10:39 PM
ive regretted selling every amp i ever sold.its always good to have a back up plan

My plan is to take the the dosh from the X-101-C and buy the most bitchen Marantz 2270,2330,or 2335B I can find. This will replace the 101 in the bedroom and I will still keep the Scott to play around with.