PDA

View Full Version : JBL ESC333

jayex
12-29-2006, 12:18 PM
Hi, :D please be gentle with me as I am new to both this forum and my first surround sound set up, I have also already searched the forums looking for an answer to my question but with no luck.( sorry my first post is a question) :(
My problem is I recently purchased a JBL ESC333 simply cinema surround sound system second hand, trouble is it comes with what’s called “ error free speaker cable" and two of these cables had already been cut,
I have tried joining them myself by simply twisting them together and using insulating tape (I also used a piece of monster speaker cable in the middle of one to make it longer) but I am getting a loud popping noise coming from the two speakers I have joined the cable with.
It says in the manual (link attached so you can see the cable I mean) that you can buy this cable but I have searched everywhere with no luck – I have even contacted all the addresses on the manual itself. :banghead:

So my question is, does anyone know where I can buy this from (Part no XC300)
Or can I buy this type of connector (allowing me to also upgrade my speaker wire to monster cable or something similar) or any other suggestions would be gratefully received, as I don’t know what else to try :blink:
Thanks in advance for your time and help and apologies in advance if this is a stupid question
cheers ,Julie
http://manuals.harman.com/JBL/HOM/Owner's%20Manual/ESC333%20om.pdf

Don C
12-29-2006, 03:52 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290042502362

jayex
12-29-2006, 03:59 PM
Thanks Don c only problem is he is not keen on posting to the uk, i am pleading as we speak :o:

foleyartist1
01-11-2007, 09:01 AM
Hi All,

Jayex, I too need a set of XC300 speaker extension cables. Did you manage to get hold of them?

Does anyone else know where i can get hold of these extension cables. They are proving to be very difficult to find.

Thanks. :(

P.s. Also need a set of speaker brackets if anyone knows where to get these from too..