PDA

View Full Version : Have a Happy Holiday

kingjames
12-21-2006, 06:48 AM
I would like to wish everyone on this forum a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. A special thankyou to those people to have helped me in the past(you know who you are).Giskard,did you get my two Pm's concerning that binder?

:xmas:
:sleigh::tree:

JBL 4645
12-21-2006, 06:54 AM
kingjames

Merry JBL Christmas to you :)

http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/289508/299846.jpg

http://www.animationgold.com/snowman2.gif
(http://www.animationgold.com/snowman2.gif)

Robh3606
12-23-2006, 10:09 AM
Have fun I wonder if we will have any Lansing presents??

Rob:happyh: :presents:

Storm
12-23-2006, 10:19 AM
I hope Santa brings me some Altec Computer speakers so I have something to prop up my Altec Valencias with!

Really...I have been extra good this year santa!

:)

:blah:
-Storm

briang
12-23-2006, 11:23 AM
Right on Rob!

To all of you from me, Brian G, I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. May the joy of the Holiday season be with you all.

Brian G.

Have fun I wonder if we will have any Lansing presents??

Rob:happyh: :presents:

JBL 4645
12-23-2006, 05:57 PM
Not forget the people who make the world’s best loudspeakers to all the engineers and staff at JBL Harman International a big JBL Christmas and a happy New Year to you all.:applaud:

:happyh:

Hoerninger
12-24-2006, 06:38 AM
Merry Chrismas and a Happy New Year to all of you!
entry: http://www.weihnachtsmuseum.de/

Guido
12-24-2006, 09:06 AM
Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
Again this is the time of the year we should slow down, relax and enjoy.

The rush we always face at the end of the year draws to a close now.
Hopefully you already have all the presents for your family and friends.

So there are no more barriers on the way to CHRISTMAS VACATION!

I hope you will be able to slow down a bit during the next weeks and wish you and your family a quiet and peaceful Christmas and a rocking new years party.

Ducatista47
12-24-2006, 11:08 AM
I wish very happy holidays to all the wonderful people I have met here, and to those they love.

Here's a Christmas wish from me: It is way past time to get it right, how about PEACE ON EARTH AND GOOD WILL TO ALL ITS CREATURES. ABOUT TIME!!!

Clark in Peoria

macaroonie
12-24-2006, 11:11 AM
:D Santas going to bring me some of those nice Be drivers to play with.
You all believe in the sanity clause dont you. Happy holidays --Mac

Mr. Widget
12-24-2006, 12:02 PM
Happy Holidays everyone... I have merged several threads so if you lost your message of good tidings you should find it here on this one.

Time to wrap a present or two!

:xmas:

Widget

sgaggy
12-24-2006, 04:04 PM
merry cristhmas,auguri ragazzi from italy and happy new year.
vito.

Chas
12-24-2006, 06:45 PM
Merry Christmas to all from Canada!:sleigh: :window: :tree: :presents: :happyh:

edgewound
12-25-2006, 01:15 AM
Yes....hear, hear.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all my new friends around the world.:happyh: :xmas: :sleigh: :tree: :window:

Titanium Dome
12-25-2006, 02:26 AM
Whatever your persuasion, enjoy the spirit of the holidays. Or South Park. Or, why not both?

Rolf
12-25-2006, 01:09 PM
#sing# ... So this is Christmas ... and a happy new year ,,, sosonsoon. ....

I would like to bring you all of you my friends my depestst "hi"!! it's over here in Norway now .... looking forward to the new year. :happyh:

Thom
12-25-2006, 03:19 PM
May the rest of the year go well also.

And may God or your pharmacist or whomever you believe in, grant you patience.

boputnam
12-25-2006, 09:11 PM
And may God or your pharmacist or whomever you believe in, grant you patience.Your posts speak for themselves.
You compromised a nice thread, yet again.

Ken Pachkowsky
12-25-2006, 10:16 PM
I wish you all good health and prosperity.

:presents: :happyh: :presents:

:tree:

Ken

Thom
12-26-2006, 01:49 AM
Your posts speak for themselves.
You compromised a nice thread, yet again.

I guess we just think different. There was nothing but good will. I was going to explain further but this thread is supposed to be about good cheer and such so while you can drag me into an argument if you wish, not on this thread. I stand by my earlier post. I believe patience makes happiness and if you find that with your Doctor, pharmacist, pastor through meditation. or some other way I wish all a good year. Personally I believe antidepressants are way underrated but you should have just let my happy wishes go for what they are. I argue on this forum a lot but it would never have occurred to me to have graded someones holiday wishes. Have a happy year.

takenodisk
12-26-2006, 08:00 AM
Merry xmas and a happy new year to all of you,regards MEvin:happyh:

boputnam
12-26-2006, 08:23 AM
I guess we just think different. Yes, we do.

...I was going to explain further...That would have been considerate.

...this thread is supposed to be about good cheer and such so while you can drag me into an argument if you wish... I'm not "dragging" you into any argument. I feel it is wholly disrespectful to align someone's "God" with a pharmacist. That is merely rude, or a failed attempt at humor.

I stand by my post - your posts speak for themselves.

Thom
12-26-2006, 02:02 PM
My first reaction was to suggest that you take down your picture, from Europe '72 I believe, move out of SF and become a Republican but that's mean spirited and small and would put me on a level with the message you sent me so I won't do that. I didn't mean to insult anyone's God or pharmacist I only wished them peace in (mental peace that's the peace that counts for most of us) in the coming year and for you to worry about PC and drag a friendly holiday spirit thread into politics or something is shameful. If someone was personally offended, then let me say "I am sorry you were offended I would not intentionally offend you or your religion or lack thereof" and I would feel the same no matter what I had or had not said that someone felt offended their religion. I don't have to believe in god or the same god as you do to respect your right to believe in whatever god or gods you believe in. For me to even have to go into this here is absurd. Some people would be offended by the word Christmas. You don't need to take my word for that, it is well documented. Did those who used the word Christmas receive demerits also? Maybe if you were a Republican congressman from Virginia (surely you are familiar with the reference) I would have been less surprised. Next time I'll think twice before taking part in what appears to be harmless friendly holiday cheer. If you haven't got it by now you're not going to so I'll close and see how many this has earned me. By the way, are you the sole arbiter? If it is you personally who was offended then had you said so I would have given you a more personal apology, for while I still see nothing wrong in my very sincere good wishes I see no good in offending people over their religion or anything else.

If this turns out to be the last post I'm allowed, for the most part I've really enjoyed it here and I'll be with you in spirit.

johnaec
12-26-2006, 02:33 PM
I think the issue may have been with the "pharmacist" comment - when I first read it, my first thought was that you were suggesting some here were on drugs, etc. More thought reminded me that this comment could be taken several ways, and not all bad...

John

boputnam
12-26-2006, 03:10 PM
I didn't mean to insult anyone's God or pharmacist I only wished them peace in (mental peace that's the peace that counts for most of us) in the coming year...I didn't think so, but the phrasing was awkward, and might have insulted. Religion can be a hot button, particularly around sacred holidays. Recommending psychiatric counseling can be a hot button year-round...

If someone was personally offended, then let me say "I am sorry you were offended..."

For me to even have to go into this here is absurd. No, it's merely considerate.

By the way, are you the sole arbiter? No, we are a loosly knit team which argues amongst itself about nearly every issue that appears out here. This is our curse. Certain topics we have learned can be hyper-sensative, and so are treated as such. The whole domain of OT is a mire, but we sustain it because it seems it is wanted by the members.

If this turns out to be the last post I'm allowed...That, is your call. Thanks for taking the time to clarify - editing the confounding post would have been simpler. ;)

More thought reminded me that this comment could be taken several ways...And that is why "we" moderators are here.

Thom
12-26-2006, 03:17 PM
I'm pretty non-exclusionary so if that works OK but it wasn't my intent and no I wasn't suggesting anybody was or wasn't. Never really thought about it that can be pretty private. Guess I should have been less sincere and more safe but at 56 with some of my experiences behind me if I haven't learned that by now I probably won't. I do hope though that all this noise is about worry that someone might have been offended as opposed to someone actually being offended. Sort of takes all the spirit out of it if someone actually feels their god was insulted. I've never really understood that but I know it happens so hows this:Happy holidays and the rest of the year as well and may you find calmness and happiness through whatever means applies to or is effective for or or appropriate for you.
Surely you can understand my not having written that. It is fairly definitive but there must be a reason we don't speak that way.
I didn't recommend psychiatric counseling, although I certainly meant to say that if you need (absolutely not aimed at any one in particular. If it were personal there would have been no doubt.)certain medications it's OK. We as a society don't give permission to take certain medications nearly enough.

kingjames
12-26-2006, 09:12 PM
Aren't we a little too technical here? My God! When did we have to start explaining every word we use and in what way we meant it? What happened to the good ole days when you wrote something and that was it. It seems everytime something is said on this forum there is someone who will pick it apart.Again, I will say there is entirely too much judging on this forum and too many people who think they know what someone is trying to say.Short of attacking someone in general all posts should be accepted as is.Let us read between the lines and not be so quick to judge.;)

Thom
12-26-2006, 10:20 PM
Thank you