PDA

View Full Version : 108H - is there more than one version?

Andyoz
12-20-2006, 05:47 PM
Hi,

I have just ordered a new pair of 108H's for my 250Ti's (original model with teak cabinets). By ordering Part No. 108H, am I sure to get the right driver? To me, the Part No. code of 108H seems a bit "vague" for a speaker that's had so many revisions over the years. I understand other drivers have revisions ...H-1, ....H-2, etc. I have searched the forum and have not seen any references to 108H-1 (for example) so I think I am safe.

Also, I tried to extract one of the 108H's from my 250Ti's so I could read the exact Part No. code on the back but after unscrewing it, I couldn't separate it from the cabinet. Is there a trick to getting them out without damaging the cabinets?

(p.s. this question was also posted in the "Marketplace" section so apologies for doubling up :help:).

spkrman57
12-21-2006, 08:06 AM
It is painted on one of the frame legs on the driver.

To my knowledge there is only "1" version of these.

Others may know better though!

Ron

Andyoz
12-21-2006, 08:56 AM
Cool, have you ever tried to take one out of the 250Ti cabinet?

Mine didn't want to budge after I unscrewed them as though the gasket/driver was adhered to the cabinet. They have been in there for >15 years which is a hell of a long time.

spkrman57
12-21-2006, 11:06 AM
Bought from a forum member here.

I'm not sure about removing a stubborn 108H from a 250Ti cabinet.

Hopefully someone will chime in here with help in your endeavor.

Ron

opimax
12-21-2006, 02:11 PM
on 1 of mine no problem. On the 2nd unit, I have gasket material on the speaker cabinet :( . I intend to address this tonight, not sure, razor blade, lots of patiance, order a new gasket...

Hopefully tomorrow I can update

Mark

Andyoz
12-21-2006, 02:23 PM
An update would be good. Mine feels like there is a gasket that has been in position so long it has stuck to the driver & cabinet. I attempted to lever it with a screwdriver but feared denting the cabinet. Will have another go again when I have more time.

Let me know what you find.

soundboy
12-21-2006, 03:03 PM
Use a hair dryer around the edge and a smooth butter knife or plastic spreader to carefully pry....worked for me in the past

Andyoz
12-21-2006, 04:01 PM
Class :D

macaroonie
12-21-2006, 06:05 PM
Andy why don't you give it a side ways dunt with your sheleileigh. My friends from africa give those drivers a big whack with a Knobkerry but here in Glasgow a sidyways smack with a hammer and a wooden block usually does the trick. Especially if you apply a little WD40 around the sticky point and wait a while. Off you go laddie.:p

opimax
12-21-2006, 10:41 PM
my friend went at it w/a dull knife and a warm sponge. I still need to work at it. Might try the hair dryer. W/the speaker out I can test the wd40 on a small spot to see how it does w/the polyurethane somebody has put on. Looks like the speaker was put back before the new finish had dried

Good luck!!

Mark