PDA

View Full Version : AV400 SS Amp

HipoFutura
12-18-2006, 03:39 PM
Finally found some time and bolted this thing together. I've tested the power supply, DC speaker protect board, and surge limiter board. Now have to find some junk speakers and hook up my backup preamp. This is a 220 WPC amp. I'm going to bridge it which will produce 700 watts. Will then build a second and use them to drive a pair of DIY 2235 subs. For now the amp will replace a Phase Linear 400 Series Two and drive my pair of Infinity 12" subs. When the weather warms and I can work in the garage, I'll buff and polish the front, back, and top plates. Don

Rolf
12-19-2006, 07:33 AM
Finally found some time and bolted this thing together. I've tested the power supply, DC speaker protect board, and surge limiter board. Now have to find some junk speakers and hook up my backup preamp. This is a 220 WPC amp. I'm going to bridge it which will produce 700 watts. Will then build a second and use them to drive a pair of DIY 2235 subs. For now the amp will replace a Phase Linear 400 Series Two and drive my pair of Infinity 12" subs. When the weather warms and I can work in the garage, I'll buff and polish the front, back, and top plates. Don

It look very similar to a Perreaux construction?

grumpy
12-22-2006, 08:14 PM
Hi Don,

Nice to see that come together. Bet it'll be hard to wipe the smile off of your
face once you get 'em hooked up and crankin those 2235's :applaud:

-grumpy

HipoFutura
12-22-2006, 08:28 PM
Grumpy, I went to fire it up tonight and discovered I didn't have all the rquired fuses. Will have to visit the hardware store tomorrow and stock up. The damn thing has ten fuses in it!

Rolf, the reason it looks as it does, is that it's the only way I could figure out how to fit it all together. It's a beast - must weight close to 50 lbs. I'm happy with the layout. Just hope that toroid doesn't induce any noise in the line input or speaker output.

Don

Rolf
12-23-2006, 08:04 AM
Rolf, the reason it looks as it does, is that it's the only way I could figure out how to fit it all together. It's a beast - must weight close to 50 lbs. I'm happy with the layout. Just hope that toroid doesn't induce any noise in the line input or speaker output.

Don

Looks very nice. The Perreaux 350 is about 77 lbs:)

Ian Mackenzie
12-29-2006, 05:09 PM
Nice job.:)

Ian