PDA

View Full Version : JBL Century Gold with 050 tweeter

jan_slagman
12-17-2006, 11:18 AM
Hello JBL friends,

Someone in Holland is offering a pair of JBL Century Gold speakers, but the seller says the gold plated tweeters were replaced by T050 titanium types. (can't find them !).
He sells these speakers for € 550,00
Can anyone tell me if this a bargain ? Do you think replacing the original tweeters by the socalled T050 titanium types could be an option from a technical point of view ?
Please let me have your comments in this matter !

With kind regards,

Jan Slagman
Veenendaal
The Netherlands

Robh3606
12-17-2006, 11:41 AM
I can't say for sure but I think the difference is the gold plating. The 050 Golds also have a die cast metal faceplate. I haven't seen the 050's so I don't know if the plate is plastic like the 035ti or 052ti or metal like the golds. Heres a couple of photo's on the Golds. Won these in an auction years ago. I don't think they are available from JBL. They are real rare on Ebay. They might have recone kits available???

Rob:)

jan_slagman
12-17-2006, 11:46 AM
Thanks a lot for the pics and the information. I have seen your pics before and i always used them as an example.
I have to be sure if the results are the same with the T050 tweeter. Can anyone tell me if the gold plated types still can be obtained from JBL ?

With kind regards,

Jan Slagman
The Netherlands

Robh3606
12-17-2006, 11:53 AM
If you go into the parts page it shows them as discontinued.

http://www.harmanaudio.com/search_browse/partlist.asp?BrandId=JBL&MarketId=HOM&Parts=CENTURY%20GOLD

Rob:)

Guido
12-17-2006, 12:38 PM
I would by them.

I don't know it but I'm almost sure that the gold plating is only a cosmetical difference.
It is the same with the golden 035Ti's in my 250Ti classic edition speakers.

jan_slagman
12-17-2006, 07:09 PM
Hello JBL friends,

Thanks a lot for helping me in this matter.

With kind regards,

Jan Slagman
The Netherlands