PDA

View Full Version : Mid range driver in L222?

oznob
12-16-2006, 11:58 AM
I've done a search but was UTL, unable to locate, which mid driver is used in the L222 Disco. Any help would be appreciated. I have a line on a decent pair but apparently one of the mids is toast. Don't really want them but the price is right!

Zilch
12-16-2006, 12:17 PM
http://manuals.harman.com/JBL/HOM/Technical%20Sheet/L222%20ts.pdf

Don't really want them but the price is right!<$250? :p

oznob
12-16-2006, 01:31 PM
http://manuals.harman.com/JBL/HOM/Technical%20Sheet/L222%20ts.pdf

<$250? :p

Thanks Zilch, I thought it was an odd number LE-5.

Maybe closer to $200. He is the original owner and was powering them with a big Pioneer receiver from the same era. He got rid of it a few years back at the same time the mid range problem started. He said it was sounding scratchy and would only play part of the time. They have been sitting ever since. I haven't checked them out yet, maybe tomorrow? I'm hoping it's a loose connection on the mid or a dirty L-pad? The owner doesn't want to mess with taking any of the drivers out to check. He did say he had the woofers and PR's "fixed" by Orange County Speaker about ten years ago. Certainly worth checking out.

Zilch
12-16-2006, 01:41 PM
I haven't checked them out yet, maybe tomorrow?No, no - TODAY!

If the cat's eye tweeters and woofers are there, it's a no-brainer.

Take the cash with you and load 'em up.

If the cabinets are in good condition, I'll take those off your hands.... :thmbsup:

[Mine are knda "rough" and are begging to become quasi-something elses. ;) ]

mikebake
12-16-2006, 02:05 PM
[Mine are knda "rough" and are begging to become quasi-something elses. ;) ]\Something quick and dirty, no doubt!;)

oznob
12-16-2006, 06:40 PM
No, no - TODAY!

If the cat's eye tweeters and woofers are there, it's a no-brainer.

Take the cash with you and load 'em up.

If the cabinets are in good condition, I'll take those off your hands.... :thmbsup:

[Mine are knda "rough" and are begging to become quasi-something elses. ;) ]

No worries Zilchster, they will be there.:yes:

Zilch
12-16-2006, 06:47 PM
Something quick and dirty, no doubt!;)I think it was Subwoof made quasi-4430s outta them already. There's pics in the forum.

[I'll have to come up with something "Special".... :hmm: ]

oznob
12-19-2006, 11:27 AM
I checked out the "Disco's" Sunday which were in very good condition. The surrounds on the LE-14's are getting a little stiff but still sound good. The mid-range problem was the L-pad. I hosed them all with pot spray and they were good to go. I told him they were worth more than he was offering. I also gave him options on fixing the woofers and the advantages/disadvantages of parting them out. He said he would get back to me at the end of the week.

GordonW
12-19-2006, 03:20 PM
Thanks Zilch, I thought it was an odd number LE-5.

... mid range problem started. He said it was sounding scratchy and would only play part of the time. They have been sitting ever since. I haven't checked them out yet, maybe tomorrow? I'm hoping it's a loose connection on the mid or a dirty L-pad?

Note the "manditory modification" mentioned just below the schematic, on the PDF file for the L222 Zilch referred to! You may just be dealing with a burnt L-pad! That'd be sweet... that's NOTHING to fix ("hello, Parts Express..." :D )!

Regards,
Gordon.