PDA

View Full Version : Gold Hartsfield Lens

Woody Banks
12-05-2006, 02:17 PM
The "GOLD" Hartsfield lens are distinctive looking. Can anyone tell me if that coating came from a spray nozzle or was it an anodized coating?
Woody

Hofmannhp
12-05-2006, 03:29 PM
The "GOLD" Hartsfield lens are distinctive looking. Can anyone tell me if that coating came from a spray nozzle or was it an anodized coating?
Woody

Hi Woody,

it was (is) anodized, also the black ones were anodized. (AlO2)

HP

Woody Banks
12-07-2006, 08:54 AM
I ended up with three lenses while I was collecting components for the Hartsfield project. I kept the two that were matched and sold the third one to a buyer in Thailand. I did notice that what looked like paint had flaked off on the very edge and the original gold color could be seen. I think I probably got rid of the wrong lens. Oh well!:p

Woody

toddalin
12-07-2006, 10:00 AM
I ended up with three lenses while I was collecting components for the Hartsfield project. I kept the two that were matched and sold the third one to a buyer in Thailand. I did notice that what looked like paint had flaked off on the very edge and the original gold color could be seen. I think I probably got rid of the wrong lens. Oh well!:p

Woody

I have a pair of the champagne lenses with the HL-89 horns that I would part with. One lens had been "narrowed" by the prior owner, and the other could be matched to it. Horns are in good shape.