View Full Version : Digital Power Station

Titanium Dome
12-05-2006, 10:46 AM
A small stone thrown into a still pond:

http://www.digitalpowerstation.net/

johnaec
12-05-2006, 11:32 AM
Quote:

The Digital Power Station™ (patent pending), embedded in a computer chip, is the first of a new generation of digital audio signal processors that can be programmed to reproduce studio quality sound in virtually any audio device. MP3 players, game stations, cell phones, televisions, computers and even public address systems are impacted.

So what the h&ll does it do??? Does this mean I can do away with my JBL monitors?? :rolleyes:

John

louped garouv
12-05-2006, 12:19 PM
car audio?

Titanium Dome
12-05-2006, 03:35 PM
(snip)
So what the h&ll does it do??? Does this mean I can do away with my JBL monitors?? :rolleyes:

John

Only if you've lost your mind. ITC, send them to me. ;)

Thinking only of electronics (not speakers):

A. Jim Fosgate develops PLIIx on analog tube equipment so that Dolby Labs can put it on a chip.

B. JBL technicians come to your house with a laptop and sound level gear to manually set up your Synthesis system for your environment.

C. JBL Pro brings RMC technology to the professional marketplace (and home-adaptive market) via the LSR Series.

D. Mr. Bongiovi does the equivalent of A, B, and C on a chip for fixed installations in auto sound.

E. Next, ...:applaud:

Titanium Dome
12-05-2006, 03:58 PM
car audio?

Yes, car audio.

When I read the laments about the US domestic market not supporting TOTL speaker technology, I grin and think about how much people are spending in auto sound. For JBL, Rockford, and others, it's a cash cow with udders that are constantly dripping, urgent for a good squeeze.

A3000GTI Balanced Current Full Range Amp: $4,600
A6000GTI Balanced Current Subwoofer Amp: $6,000
W15GTI MkII Subwoofer $699 (get two, they're small, only $1398)
C608GTI 2-Way Component Series $700 (pair, need two pairs $1400)

Titanium Dome
12-05-2006, 04:05 PM
If the "Digital Power Station" actually does close to what it claims to do, guys like me who like to embrace the potential of technology will be pondering the possibilities.

Can this be adapted to consumer home use? (Yes.)
Can it be made relatively "idiot proof"? (:hmm: Never underestimate an idiot.)
Can it be fine tuned to exceed the capabilities of manual adjustment? (Undoubtedly.)
Can it eliminate component clutter in the signal path, like EQs, crossovers, more? (I think it could.)
Can it eliminate OFS (old fart syndrome)? (Never.)