PDA

View Full Version : Altec vs Cornwall

Kenny Brant
05-08-2003, 07:06 PM
I really like Altec and JBL, and have nothing against Klipsch. But have any of you read what Todd said on the Altec site? I think he has had enough of this Altec bashing.

Kenny

Robh3606
05-08-2003, 07:27 PM
Well I will have to take a look, but the "bashing" are opinions and we all have them. I am about as pro JBL as you can get and take the JBL bashing I see as just that. We can't all like the same things. I have seen a few threads lately too both here and at AA but you really need to keep your cool and keep things in perspective. Just my HO.

Rob:)

Kenny Brant
05-08-2003, 07:35 PM
Well I kind of messed up. He was upset about the people bashing, not the speaker bashing. Sorry.

Kenny

Robh3606
05-08-2003, 07:37 PM
Well people bashing is another story. No need for that ever.

Rob:)

Todd W. White
05-09-2003, 06:59 PM
Hi Guys,

I ended the Klipsch Corwall vs Altec A-7 threads on my Altec User's Board because:

1. The guy who started it didn't want to learn anything about true A/B comparisons of loudspeakers.

2. He also seemed to want to "pick a fight," rather than discuss the issues.

But mostly because -

3. He tried to turn it into a rock-throwing conetest by degenerating to personal attacks and slurs.

This is the first time I've had to ban someone from posting or delete a thread...sad, but true.

I hope I don't ever have to do it again...

Rex Mills
05-09-2003, 07:48 PM
I would have to agree with Todd's decision on this one. The poster had an agenda and it seemed to be sniping pure and simple. The posts were on several forums and were not designed to elicit discussion about HE loudspeakers but to rattle cages and when his were rattled back the discussions just turned into name calling on his part. I always come to forums for education and enjoyment, BIGBUSA offered neither.

Don McRitchie
05-09-2003, 08:43 PM
This is the first time I've had to ban someone from posting or delete a thread...sad, but true.

You're in good company. The person who posted as A7 on your forum (also posting on this forum as BigBusa) was previously banned from Audiokarma for similar behavior and is frequently stirring up trouble on AA. So far, he has not caused significant problems here, and I hope it stays that way.