PDA

View Full Version : pioneer sx-950 repair tech wanted in tacoma,wa

dat521gatherer
11-17-2006, 05:19 PM
i got this unit a year ago it didnt work so i took it in to my local repair shop and as soon as i got it home it sounded great for two minutes. now the sound is static like and it's not the reception. i took it back and they held it for 8 monthes and still the same simptom. i feel i was lucky to even get it back from them. this part may make some sense to you tech's out there. my technics speakers with the led light bars were jumping all over the place even when the volume was down. there is no apparent sound coralation to the jumping led lights. it works on all channels but sounds like crap. most of the places i called if not all say fixing low amp stereos arent cost effective. they shouldnt care what i want fixed!! so please anywhere in western washington would be acceptable for me to drive. i dont want to ship this and have already spent money to get fixed. you know it's bad when the tech doesnt even realize there's a problem. i have 4 other units i need work on also. sx-727, marantz 2240,4240 and sansui 999 set. thanks guys