PDA

View Full Version : tweeter ID help ....?

SEAWOLF97
11-09-2006, 05:03 PM
another day, another GW safari...anyway, I got these tweeters from some DBX speakers . No idea what they are....any guess ???

SEAWOLF97
11-09-2006, 05:12 PM
and also picked up these interesting electrostats - sound nice
and...Nakamichi BX-1 seems to work fine and a HK CD changer ...problems ?

and a pair of Pioneer SE-50's ...top of the line 1970s headphones ...sound super ....plus a bunch of other stuff ...$29

Oh yeah , almost forgot a pair of Henry Kloss ensemble SUBS. :bouncy:

Mr. Widget
11-09-2006, 05:38 PM
another day, another GW safari...anyway, I got these tweeters from some DBX speakers . No idea what they are....any guess ???
Mid '80s to '90s inexpensive ribbon tweeter... never saw those before... might be OK, but the similar vintage Taiwanese sourced Rat Shack copies of the JVC ribbon were not even close to the original.

Widget

QwertyAccess
11-09-2006, 10:44 PM
thats alot of nice stuff o_O, i wouldnt be surprised if you came home with a bar of gold next time.

SEAWOLF97
11-10-2006, 11:38 AM
thats alot of nice stuff

everything tests out OK so far, xcept HK CD changer, its beautiful but gives "disk error" ...I'll figure it out , if time ever permits.

duaneage
11-13-2006, 08:36 PM
There is a market for those DBX tweeters on eBay. The party faithful bids them up. They are no match for the EMIT tweeters made by infinity. I found a pair of Qb speakers for 8 dollars at goodwill last week. I go there more than the hi fi shops.