PDA

View Full Version : JBL ARRAY Demo in Sweden

Heinz
11-08-2006, 03:23 PM
Scandinavians !!!! Look here. On Friday 17 November and Saturday 18 November Harman Scandinavias president Lars-Olov Wehlin comes to my hometown Halmstad. :applaud:

Take this opportunity to listen on the ARRAY speakers. Be there at LJUDCENTER. Take your faworite music with you and se what they can do.... Ask questions to Lars-Olov an maybee he tell you some news on th upcoming line of speakers i told you in the EVEREST comes to Norway thread.....:blink:

Talked with Bjorn at Ljudcenter an he told me they will use some good electronics for this demo. (Swedish Bladelius amplifiers and cd´s probably)

Pictures will be taken and presented here in this tread.

matsj
11-16-2006, 06:48 AM
I hope i can come :) on saturday.

mats

Mr. Widget
11-16-2006, 10:00 AM
Cool... a couple of reviews would be nice.... along with the pics!

Widget

matsj
11-16-2006, 01:24 PM
I might have to wait until december before i can listening to them again. I don´t know yet if i have to work on saturday to.
I was listening to them at " Arken " a hifi show in Gothenburg . And i REALLY liked them :D .
A Danisch company shall have a JBL synthesis show at Hilton hotel in copenhagen. Look here for more info: www.Dynamax.com (http://www.Dynamax.com).
I and Johan B shall make a report from this event for Swedish "Hififorum" so i will translate it to you ( My sister :D will do it) so you can read about it to.

regards mats

Heinz
11-16-2006, 03:00 PM
I hope i can come :) on saturday.

mats

Vi ses kanske där då.

Se ya there then.

/ Heinz

Heinz
11-16-2006, 03:04 PM
Cool... a couple of reviews would be nice.... along with the pics!

Widget

Widget.

Pics will be taken and a review with coments from me :D

First pics on Friday evening late.......

/ Heinz

mikebake
11-16-2006, 08:03 PM
Who is the babe?

Heinz
11-17-2006, 12:50 AM
Who is the babe?

What babe....... Ohhhh Sorry:) Thats Me and my Wife out at a local Club:D

Heinz
11-17-2006, 03:14 PM
here is a first "taste".... More to come on Sunday with exlusive information from Lars-Olov. New Studio series etc. :D :D No coments today. Need time for my family.

Heinz
11-17-2006, 03:18 PM
More

Heinz
11-17-2006, 03:24 PM
More pics...

Heinz
11-17-2006, 03:27 PM
Last 2 on Lars-Olov Wehlin

Rolf
11-18-2006, 07:32 AM
This was a "goodie" Heinz. Get your hands on as many JBL cd's as possible.

johnaec
11-18-2006, 07:43 AM
'Any chance JBL might make those Everest test CD's available?

John

Mr. Widget
11-18-2006, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the photos! Now... how about the review? :D

Widget

grumpy
11-18-2006, 03:11 PM
'Any chance JBL might make those Everest test CD's available?

John

Previous Eargle Demo discs... appears to be some overlap.

http://www.delosmus.com/genre/demo.html

sorry for going off topic. If more info pops up on these, perhaps a new thread
could be started. -grumpy

northwood
11-18-2006, 03:44 PM
Scandinavian's taste is quite different from american.
Many people never heard of Burmester things
I love Burmester,MBL,ASR,AudioNet Germany stuffs and Northern machines ,they analyse more accurately

Valentin
11-21-2006, 09:23 AM
how is the sound

Heinz
11-21-2006, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the photos! Now... how about the review? :D

Widget

Hi.... im back. Sorry for the delay. My internet provider realy screw everything up this weekend. No meil, No internet, NO SERVICE :biting:

Report is on the way (long one) latest wensday evening when im back home. ( out on busines trip )

/ Heinz

scott fitlin
11-21-2006, 06:44 PM
I thought they were bigger than they appear in the pictures in this thread.

The Array series speakers seem kind of small. Maybe its the pictures?

I want to hear about how they sound, too!

Rolf
11-22-2006, 09:09 AM
I thought they were bigger than they appear in the pictures in this thread.

The Array series speakers seem kind of small. Maybe its the pictures?

I want to hear about how they sound, too!

No Scott, they are not very big. I have not read the specs, but they (1400) are not much over 16-17" wide, as you can see by the size of the 14" woofer.

As for the sound I have made my comments earlier, but few seems to care for my opinion.

scott fitlin
11-22-2006, 09:32 AM
No Scott, they are not very big. I have not read the specs, but they (1400) are not much over 16-17" wide, as you can see by the size of the 14" woofer.

As for the sound I have made my comments earlier, but few seems to care for my opinion.I wouldnt say I dont care for your opinion, only that I want to hear someone elses too!

Truthfully, even with 40 opinions, I would still have to hear them for myself to really know what " I " think of them.

:)

Rolf
11-22-2006, 11:13 AM
Truthfully, even with 40 opinions, I would still have to hear them for myself to really know what " I " think of them.

:)

I could not agree more. Only after having the equipment and listening to it in my own house ... Then I will make a final judgement if they are good enough for ME.:)

Heinz
11-22-2006, 05:25 PM
OK here we go...:)

Lets start with this statment from me.

Remember when you read my coments that my ears have ben colored with JBL speakers from the 70:s and wintage Marantz equipment!!! My comparison is my equipment that i use every day. L300 with Marantz 1070 and 2275 and varius cd players etc. My sound reference may not be the same as yours.

My bakground as Guitar and Mandolin player in Pop/rock bands in the 80:s and many evenings and weekends listening on both acoustic and electric instruments. And of course different singers in the band have influences on my references.

Befor this listening sesion i prepaired me with a selction of CD:s that i have as references. You se those on one of my first uploaded pictures. You even se some of my referenc equipment in those pictures. I vas going throu those cd:s some houers´on the friday morning.

This was a rainy day and when i arived at 14,00 there vas not many in the hifi shop!! Lars-Olov smiled when i entered the smal listening room whith my "pack" of cd:s :) The setup in that rom was the Array 800, HK 645 Reciever vith an option to switch tho Swedish Bladelius amplifier and cd. Transparant cables vere used. Se pictures. Anothe guy vere listening on some clasical music and i joined him there. after 1h i had a god figure on those Array 800. Asolutely beutiful in sound for Clasic, Jazz, Vocal. Slightly impressed on their clean bass. But my main focus is the Array 1400!!!!!!

Out in the big room the speakers vere placed on the same place as every big demo vere maid in that HIFI shop for years, I have attended sessions with almost every brand that are on the market here in sweden in that room. From A - Z you name it.

Equipment used vas Burmeister Amplifier and CD player, Transparent cables and electric cleaning from Transparant.

Lars-Olov chosed from his cd:s and explained how they vere developed by Gregg at JBL. Why the horn is vertical on how they had problem to convince the people in Japan that this is the way to go. Lars-Olov is one of the guys in the design group that develops and evaluate speakers at JBL.

He took us throu a amazing yurney from the first stereo recordings from 1955 with Buddy Holly al the way up to Mikael Jacksons Bad. He had digged out the original tapes from Stax Studios in the fifftys an copied them straight on a cd without any changes. Everybody vhere amazed abouth quality of the sound. The compleet list comes up later in another post.

More News in another post on NEW JBL SPEAKER LINE. Dont mis that intervjue vith Lars-Olov :D :D

We listened thru some of the CD:s i had and ended the session there.

This was Friday and Saturday would be the BIG Test for the speakers.

Saturday morning i started with a complet move of my L300 out in a big room to copy the acoustic from the HIFI shop. Listened throu the CD:s once more and made some notes.

After lunch this Saturday im back in the HiFI Shop and Lars-Olov smiled and chered when i took my place at the front row. Now the big test.

2h later my conlusion was this: JBL is back !!! with some coments.

A litlebit lack of 3d imaging.
Exeptional highend.
Werry dynamic sound.
Non Forgiving = Shit in / Shit Out ( This is good )
Not bass shy but dont go deep as L300:s

Conclusion 1: The best you can find in the market right now

Conclusion 2: Vintage JBL L300 is still a HighEnd speaker.

Conclusion 3: Todays HighEnd amplifiers is not worth the money.

Conclusion 4: A Shoot out with Wintage and Modern eqipment is on my list to do.

This is al for now. Part 2 comes tomorow evening. Time to sleep...

Sorry for bad speling and gramma.... check spelling not working today :(

/ Heinz

Mr. Widget
11-24-2006, 11:23 AM
This is al for now. Part 2 comes tomorow evening. Time to sleep...

Sorry for bad speling and gramma.... check spelling not working today :(
Thanks Heinz... and don't worry about the spelling/grammar thing, without spell check my posts would be completely unreadable.:D

Widget

Chas
11-24-2006, 04:23 PM
Thanks Heinz, I hope to get an opportunity to hear them sometime too. Also, it's good to hear that you think the good old L300 can still stand up and hold its own.
Charles.

Rolf
11-25-2006, 02:22 AM
I am not surprised that the L300 "stands up" to the Arrays.

Ducatista47
11-25-2006, 08:12 AM
Same here, Rolf. I always enjoy my speakers more when I am hearing what is good about their sound. Improvement does happen when you listen for what is wrong with them, but that is for workshop evaluation, not listening to music sessions.

I would love to hear the Arrays. If it happens to be L300's or 4333's in the room, of course they will do a fine job of presenting music. They were always good speakers. Any good speaker has its unique voice which is good all by itself, without comparing it to anything else. We are so technical here we lose sight of that sometimes.

I love my VW's and when I am driving the fact that they are not Porsches does not intrude on the enjoyment. They "hold up" just fine. :)

Thank you so much, Heinz, for reporting this event for us. Your coverage is wonderful and your evaluations are exciting to read.

Clark in Peoria

Rolf
11-25-2006, 09:02 AM
As you know Clark, I have heard the 1400's, and that is why I commented on the post.

I can add that in the lower mid-range and maybe some places in the hf area the 1400 are a little better than the L300. Compared to my 4 ways ... , well I am not interested in changing to the 1400's.

I am really looking forward to hear the Everest. It must be better.