PDA

View Full Version : New Diana Krall Album

andy11
11-05-2006, 12:55 PM
Has anyone heard the newest Diana Krall album yet? It's called From This Moment On. It's really a great album and meticulously mixed and mastered as usaul. Definitely worth taking a listen to.

hjames
11-05-2006, 01:31 PM
Has anyone heard the newest Diana Krall album yet? It's called From This Moment On. It's really a great album and meticulously mixed and mastered as usaul. Definitely worth taking a listen to.
Tell us more - what's it like ... more like her early stuff a la Nat King Cole, or like the lounge/torch singer stuff (Look of Love), or ...?

scott fitlin
11-05-2006, 02:59 PM
Yeah, I got it a month ago. Its really nice smooth jazz. The first cut, " It could happen to you " is great. Smooth, but very full husky, smoky sounding voice. Nice, big and full sounding string bass! Piano work is nice.

Number 8, " Day in, Day out ", is nice and lively.

As always, the CD is one of the better sounding CD offerings on shelves. Very well engineered, very good sounding. Nice, clean sparkly top end, mids are so smooth and prominent, but dimensional sounding.

Besides listening to this, its one of the CD,s I use to demo my system to people, in my " This is what you can get from digital now " lectures!

If you like Diana Krall, this CD is for you.

CONVERGENCE
11-05-2006, 03:05 PM
I can't resist.

Of course it sounds good it was mastered at the Mastering Lab on those Big Altec Lansing Monitors.

;)

.................................................. ...........................................

scott fitlin
11-05-2006, 03:11 PM
I can't resist.

Of course it sounds good it was mastered at the Mastering Lab on those Big Altec Lansing Monitors.

;)

.................................................. ...........................................Now I know why it sounds this way through my Altec system.

It REALLY does sound great!

:)

morbo!
11-05-2006, 04:17 PM
Yeah not bad
Not my kind of music really
And i heard she never smiles

but yeah it is recorded very well
good test music for any system.

Ken Pachkowsky
11-05-2006, 05:23 PM
I find her new offering enjoyable and well recorded per usual, however I am not sure we will ever see the magic captured on Live In Paris again. To this day it is a personal favorite. It will be interesting to see if Elvis Costello helps or hurts her career. From what I can see (hear) the jury is out. The Girl In The Other Room was heavily influenced by him. A decent CD but hardly stellar. I must admit Narrow Daylight is a great collaboration. She arranged it and Elvis wrote it. I follow her career with great interest.

Anthony Wilson is her full time guitarist........tasty to say the least, as is John Clayton and Jeff Hamilton.

PS: Not looking for an argument but she smile's plenty on her two dvd's. :)

Ken

scott fitlin
11-05-2006, 05:49 PM
I dont care if she smiles or not. I just like the music, and the recording is of high enough quality to use as a reference CD to demo my system.

There is something very sensual about her voice.

morbo!
11-06-2006, 12:48 AM
I dont care if she smiles or not. I just like the music, and the recording is of high enough quality to use as a reference CD to demo my system.

There is something very sensual about her voice.

Agreed

If im really relaxed i can lay their and enjoy it
good sleeping music