PDA

View Full Version : N1200 Double input question

kamiel
11-05-2006, 07:34 AM
Dear members,

Being relatively new at JBL gear, my question may be a silly one, but I have not found the answer on the forum.
I recently acquired two N1200 networks (SN 10395/6) for use with a set of D130's and LE175's.

The N1200's seem to have 'double inputs', unlike the ones I had previously seen (see pic). Is any of you familiair with this variant ?
Could they be intended for bi-amping ? If so, how do I use them with single amps ?

Your advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, Kamiel, Amsterdam.

Baron030
11-07-2006, 04:45 PM
Hi Kamiel

I am not sure that I can help you much. But, if you go to the following link, it will give you the schematic for the N1200:

http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/Network%20Schematics/N1200.pdf

Unfortunately, the only way to really know what is going with the "double inputs" will be to crack the boxes and look inside. I seriously doubt that they are intended for bi-amping. Once you got the box open, post some pictures if you can. Also, if you have necessary test equipment, please measure the component values. There is very little information on the tapped coils used in the N1200 crossover. So, getting the inductance values for the tapped coil would be very valuable to anyone who might what to build their own N1200.

Good Luck with your project,
Baron030 :)

toddalin
11-07-2006, 07:35 PM
I would bet that they were added after the fact. To me it looks like line-up with the other screws is off slightly and that's not something JBL would do. Even the knob has been changed and none of my N1200s (three) have red-head screws.

Maybe they are just in parallel with the regular inputs to allow for a "jumper" to another speaker, which is common in live music speaker systems.