PDA

View Full Version : Shipping speakers

Thom
11-03-2006, 09:01 PM
I know everybody says tell the shipper how to pack speakers, but are you supposed to have to tell a sound and light company, don't toss both woofers in the box together with some peanuts and bubble wrap and not even fasten them together. A sound and light company. Maybe they got confused and thought I was buying the frames they were selling. If the shipping company takes care of it then I know a lot cheaper way to get my next speakers reconed.

intotubes
11-03-2006, 09:59 PM
Yup. I bought a pair of 902's and they were wrapped in one layer of bubble pak in a box of peanuts. Needless to say, the bubble pak was flat and the drivers were at the bottom of the box. Luckily no permanent damage was done. I don't get it...

Thom
11-03-2006, 10:17 PM
Everybody else I've goten speakers from has been fine but a sound and light co puts 2 15 inch JBL's in a box doesn't even bother to fasten them to each other. I could have saved every body the trouble and guaranteed them they wouldn't make the trip. They basicly arrived one 90 degrees to the other and inside of it. Nothing to do now but see who takes care of it and how long it takes and if they have another pair and decide if I want to try it again.