PDA

View Full Version : speaker`s old tech soon?

morbo!
11-03-2006, 02:41 AM
wow
in my net travells i cam across this

http://brainpowers.blogspot.com/2005/08/sony-plans-to-beam-sights-and-sounds.html

If this is true sony plans to place ultra sonic beams into our heads to deliver information directly too the brain

I for I might go for new eye`s when mine fail

but i will wait for the J..b.L version for my future audio needs!

alexkerhead
11-03-2006, 03:07 AM
Looks like a one way road to brain cancer...:blink:

Maron Horonzakz
11-03-2006, 06:42 AM
Is,nt that what the JBL 075 tweeter does?:D

Ducatista47
11-03-2006, 09:10 AM
Is,nt that what the JBL 075 tweeter does?:D
:rotfl:

In the 1960's an idea was floated at a high level AT&T meeting. It would be possible in the future, it was realized, to implant equipment directly into the brain. This would eliminate the need for equipment, other than what has come to pass as cell phone towers. The idea was well received, until one participant pointed out that there might be a more than slight possibility of the technology being abused by, say, a government. Or a giant corporation.

I'm sure that the technology is the only part of the puzzle not already in place. Bad idea, Sony. What is now short range could become a long range technology. If the system were medium range, I'd never go out to a restaurant or movie theater. "Vote Republican. Buy kippered herring. Order the lobster. Drink Coca Cola." No thanks.

An even worse idea is to use such technology for education. Anyone else see the (new) Outer Limits episode a few years ago where towers transmitted information directly into the brain, by way of a small installed device, all knowledge and information? Two side effects. The power responsible made self preservation its number one priority (think any bureaucracy), and the skill of reading was lost completely, cutting off opposing viewpoints.

Clark in Peoria

Titanium Dome
11-03-2006, 09:56 AM
Yeah, but look at how fast Neo learned martial arts or how quickly Trinity learned how to fly a big chopper in The Matrix. There was a case of technological knowledge transfer being used to defeat the system (or at least challenge it).

Thom
11-03-2006, 01:12 PM
Could be you wouldn't need your hemp. Depends on who was in charge of the technology I suppose.

Ducatista47
11-03-2006, 02:30 PM
Please send Carrie Ann Moss over to my place and I will teach her what she might want to know. That will be MY winter project. :applaud:

Clark

John
11-03-2006, 03:08 PM
Please send Carrie Ann Moss over to my place and I will teach her what she might want to know. That will be MY winter project. :applaud:

Clark

I would not be so sure of that? You might end up being the student and she, the teacher!!!;)

Titanium Dome
11-03-2006, 04:35 PM
I would not be so sure of that? You might end up being the student and she, the teacher!!!;)

Either way it's a win! :yes:

Ducatista47
11-03-2006, 04:49 PM
Willing and eager student here! :) :) :) :)
Hoping for a long, cold winter.

Clark in cold, cold Peoria