PDA

View Full Version : Lots of speakers...

tkrtlw
10-30-2006, 09:36 PM
I'm in the process of selling a lot of speakers and I need some help in pricing...I've got 8 Altec 614D's; (5) N501-8a; (4) Design 20's...can someone give me some help on what these are worth?

Thanks

Storm
10-30-2006, 09:40 PM
First...where are you located? Yes, we know...planet Earth, but where in particular?

Second - :useless:

tkrtlw
10-30-2006, 09:53 PM
Sorry - wasn't sure I could add pics...this is my first time on the forum...

By the way - I'm in Alabama.

Storm
10-30-2006, 09:56 PM
Are these the ones that are on eBay right now?

tkrtlw
10-30-2006, 10:02 PM
I do have two of the N501's on Ebay now...I have 5 more with different drivers. I haven't put the 614's on because I haven't been able to find anything on them to even know about a starting bid.

The two that are on Ebay have a huge "watching" right now so I'm hoping they sell.

Any ideas on pricing?

Storm
10-30-2006, 10:07 PM
Well, for starters...add more pictures.

Also, bidders want to know everything - condition and model of each of the woofers, horns, and drivers.

Pictures make or break a sale.

And, add more information in your description.

tkrtlw
10-30-2006, 10:13 PM
I don't have more information nor do I have time to look for it...I'm not in the speaker business - I've got another business in the works and just need to get what is fair for these. I could take better pics and even clean up the speakers a little but as far as knowing much about what these can do, I can only say "not my area".

Do you have a ballpark # that I can put the 614's on as a starting bid?

Thanks for any help.

louped garouv
10-30-2006, 10:18 PM
Well, then you could start it at .01 (or whatever you have in them) and let the market decide....

if they are desirable, they will draw interest...

like has been said, more high quality pics, details = higher potential...

without opening them, it is hard to say what you have, exactly...

***edit***
color added for emphasis

tkrtlw
10-30-2006, 10:23 PM
Thanks for all the help...guess I'll play it by ear.

Going to bed now :hmm:

Storm
10-30-2006, 10:31 PM
Play what by ear?

If you dont have what model the woofers, horns, and the drivers...you will not get a bid. That and you dont describe condition.

I bet half of your watchers are members of this forum - I know I am one of the watchers and I have no intent on bidding.

Good luck.

grumpy
10-31-2006, 08:26 AM
Hi tkrtlw,

Design 20? Passive radiator, dual tweeters, vinyl "birch" covering?
I used a pair I got free from a member here to practice refoaming skills on.
Refoams came out great. Sound does come out of the speakers...
They may be someone's pet favorite speaker model, so I'll stop now.

If you just need to unload the rest and not lose money, you might include
where you are and if local pickup is a must, to narrow down the "looky-loos"
and generate some local interest.

Unfortunately, the description isn't sufficient to evaluate with any accuracy.
This will -likely- mean low bids, as the risk to the buyer is high.

-grumpy

Gary L
10-31-2006, 09:11 AM
Yep, Forget about any prices we might mention and allow the market to decide this part.
Speaking of the market, you need to do a much better job marketing your speakers.
It is imperative to know exactly what is in each box and to show excellent photos of the actual item in each auction. Almost all Altec woofers, horns, tweeters or horn drivers and crossovers have specific model numbers on them. Some of these components are extremely valuable while others hold their own.
Often times the number on the outside of the cabinet is the cabinet number but that cabinet could have many different variations of driver compliments inside. You have to have your ducks in a row and know how to answer the millions of questions you will be asked.
As stated above, you have some stuff I might be interested in yet, I have no idea whats in the cabinets so my interest has dwindled.
He who markets his stuff best with great pictures and informative descriptions gets the most out of what he has! You could be missing hundreds of dollars by not knowing what you are selling.
Open the backs, write down numbers on each woofer and horn driver and take photos. Test them to be able to say they are working or not and then think about designing your auction or offering them here.
Prices will dictate themselves if you have the correct info for buyers to make accurate assessments.

Gary

moldyoldy
10-31-2006, 10:02 PM
Hmmmmm......

5-A7 mains, 8 utilities, and 4 monitors, no apparrent road scars......

Looks like you found one of the few remaining theater installs. No amps?

In my dreams I inherit an old barn full of that stuff and NOS Harleys......

It's worth what they'll give. Properly displayed and described, that could be a fairly signifigant amount, but not enough to retire on.