PDA

View Full Version : A Tisket, a Tasket, Where's the Freakin' Gasket?

Chef Henry
10-30-2006, 08:27 AM
In order to remove my LE85s from my S7R cabinets, I had to remove the 4 bolts that hold the driver and horn together, then tap the driver lightly with my wooden meat tenderizing mallet. I had assumed that their recalcitrance to come apart was due to a sticky gasket, but was surprised to find that there wasn't any. Was this the way they came from the factory, or had somebody tampered with them? If the latter, what do you recommend for re-assembly?

Last night my daughter, who plays clarinet in the Clifton Mustang Marching Band, participated in a battle of the high school bands at Montclair University stadium. Sixteen bands participated, and at the end, 1,600 young musicians took the field, and played America the Beautiful together. It was incredibly moving, although the tears froze on my face!

Zilch
10-30-2006, 10:22 AM
The gasket between LE85 and H91 is typically tan-colored paper, like a thin cardboard, which usually sticks to one or the other upon disassembly.

I suspect it's fishpaper (vulcanized fibre,) actually, commonly used for such applications, and still available at the hardware store if you must make a new one.

Also available from JBL Pro parts for 2426 et. al., the same bolt pattern....