PDA

View Full Version : Headed Out With Wife to See Sir Elton John Tonight

toddalin
10-28-2006, 05:33 PM
Nice thing about being over 50 is that AARP has tickets for $40/each. :p Cost like $250/each in Vegas!

I've been going to concerts since I saw the Turtles (with Flo and Eddie) play one New Years Eve in the 60's but this will be our first time seeing Elton.

toddalin
10-29-2006, 06:48 PM
It was just Elton playing on a his Yamaha grand (that had been modified to do other keyboard sounds), and I take it that there was someone playing keyboard off-stage (obvious string fill sounds).

He may not hit the high notes like he used to, but Elton has lost none of his chops and can really boogie when he wants. Played his old good stuff too! Lasted 1 hour 15 min. (Almost took that long getting out of the parking structure amongst the blue hairs. :biting: )

Sure we were at least 300 feet from the stage (and from where we were he was behind a pole), but the place was full of massive screens and much of the projection was of his handwork.:applaud:

PA looked like the JBL array series and other than the rear slap of the hall, sounded quite good actually.

I'm trying to figure out how all the kids got the good seats when three together wouldn't be 50 years in age.:(

Titanium Dome
10-30-2006, 01:44 PM
It was your cataracts old man.

Oh wait, you're younger than I am. :baby: