PDA

View Full Version : picked up a CROWN D-75 today, but......

SEAWOLF97
10-26-2006, 04:36 PM
It powered up the first time, and then would not power up again. Fuse is OKAY. Ideas ??

physically immaculate, no burn smell. GW again.:blink:

scott fitlin
10-26-2006, 05:21 PM
It powered up the first time, and then would not power up again. Fuse is OKAY. Ideas ??

physically immaculate, no burn smell. GW again.:blink:Internal fuse? There has to be another fuse somewhere inside the unit, but, that the unit wont power up may indicate a problem that needs to be serviced.

soundboy
10-26-2006, 05:44 PM
:applaud:I have been green for awhile now, regarding your "steals" at GW....perhaps you finally got some of my luck....$5 down for the great faceplate, $100 repair bill for the insides...:banghead: I really don't know what it could be, but Doug at Audio Specialties is the only guy to take it too....you already know him well, I am sure. This little amp is worth it, for sure. Never see em mint anymore. Good luck....but not too much...you are tempting me to drive 80 miles and beat you to the door at Goodwill every morning:bouncy:

louped garouv
10-26-2006, 06:18 PM
Even with a $100 repair bill.... he got a decent deal...

I dig my D-75s....

silver or black face?

SEAWOLF97
10-26-2006, 06:23 PM
you are tempting me to drive 80 miles and beat you to the door at Goodwill every morning:bouncy:

I've got the advantage. Retired 4 years ago. No longer a "productive member of society". Can play with audio toys 24/7 if I want.

TODAY

Also got a nice Marantz receiver that works fine. some lights out. And a pair of Sansui 3 way , 10 inchers. Look pretty nice. And a snowboard, and a HP pocket PC and ........

There is GW and there is GW. Most of their retail store suck. This is salvage. There are stores in Vancouver, Beaverton and Milwaukee. They roll out the tables/carts and everyone lines up like during a free throw at a BB game. Then the fun begins. Grab like HELL. Can get very physical out there. Most of the store is priced by the pound, but audio or TV by the piece, normally $5 or $10. Treasures every now and then.

Come on down ...we'll do lunch.

SEAWOLF97
10-26-2006, 06:32 PM
Even with a $100 repair bill.... he got a decent deal...
I dig my D-75s....
silver or black face?

here they is.

SEAWOLF97
11-03-2006, 09:34 PM
physically immaculate, no burn smell. GW again.:blink:

I put the meter across the power switch and got 118vac with the switch ON and OFF positions, expected 0 in OFF position. Is this correct ?

Zilch
11-03-2006, 10:48 PM
ACROSS the power switch?

Zero in the ON position....

[Think about it, now.... ;) ]