PDA

View Full Version : lexicon mc_1

jim3860
10-23-2006, 07:07 PM
i bought a lexicon mc-1 today and am like a kid at christmas time waiting for it to arrive lol. if anyone has one of these and would care to comment on it, with any helpful hints or advice please do so. REGARDS JIM

Michael Smith
10-24-2006, 03:30 PM
G'day Jim
Yeah I have owned one and thought it was fantastic,when delivered new they had a two sided piece of paper called "MC 1 DIGITAL CONTROLLER QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE"
I found it invaluable when getting to know the beast.
Also being second you may want to restore it to factory default so that you can start with a new canvas.
If you don't get the above guide,let me know and I will email you a copy as I still have one
Michael

jim3860
11-10-2006, 12:24 AM
G'day Jim
Yeah I have owned one and thought it was fantastic,when delivered new they had a two sided piece of paper called "MC 1 DIGITAL CONTROLLER QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE"
I found it invaluable when getting to know the beast.
Also being second you may want to restore it to factory default so that you can start with a new canvas.
If you don't get the above guide,let me know and I will email you a copy as I still have one
Michael thanks michael. yes i did get that quick refrence guide and yes it has helped me greatly. i got the lexicon in the mail 2 weeks or so ago, but when it arrived it did not work. i gave it my local tech here to repair, and lucky for me the repair was under $150.00 a couple of connections had came loose on a board and had to be resoldered. even though it was packed very well and double boxed. i am happy to say it is up and running and sounds very nice. i am currently trying to figure a way through the labyrinth of instructions menus and sub menus at this point. but i would certainly say it is without a doubt the best pre pro i have owned. and think my next upgrade will probally be a hi def television so i can enjoy sight and sound better. CHEERS JIM

hjames
11-10-2006, 06:19 AM
It sounds REAL interesting ...
I gather its basically a preamp/controller - no main amps?

http://www.lexicon.com/Products/details.asp?ID=6

Titanium Dome
11-10-2006, 07:49 AM
Nice unit and Logic7, too!

If you haven't seen this Web page, check it out. Lots of additional info here:

http://www.lexicon.com/Products/downloads.asp?ID=6

jim3860
11-10-2006, 01:21 PM
It sounds REAL interesting ...
I gather its basically a preamp/controller - no main amps?

http://www.lexicon.com/Products/details.asp?ID=6 yes its a preamp video processor and controller. it has several features i wont be using anytime soon such as triggers for screens for home theater and it has no amps of its own. i was using a sony DA-5 ES for music videos and movies but it only processed 6 channels and i wanted 7 channel capability. and have always thought that seperates were better than a reciever so i have been slowly getting together the components to do so.i bought a nice pioneer elite F-91 tuner. 4- 2 channel amps and will bridge one of those mono for the center channel. it has upgradeability options for the future which is nice because i cant buy a new pre amp everytime a new format arrives. all in all im very happy with it. until of course i get more money and get the upgrade bug:p THANKS TI FOR THE LINK AND INFO. regards jim