PDA

View Full Version : Visual Room Mode Tool

Ken Pachkowsky
10-21-2006, 11:37 AM
Some of you may find this an interesting tool.

http://www.hunecke.de/english/calculators/room-eigenmodes.html

Grab this as well.

http://realtraps.com/test-cd.htm

It is enlightening....be carefull! My dog is in therapy...

Ken

cvengr
10-21-2006, 12:50 PM
I can link to the site, read the instructions, but don;t see any program that follows. Was it different earlier?

Earl K
10-21-2006, 01:14 PM
I can link to the site, read the instructions, but don;t see any program that follows. Was it different earlier?

- The calculator is there and working fine for me .
- I'd suggest you're just having a different "browsing experience" than the norm .

My first guess;

- The calculator may be a java applet. Check to make sure your current browser has its' "preferences" for all java related coding, turned on .

After java applets ?

- I grasp at straws at this stage.
- Maybe its' an interactive "Flash" or "Shockwave" thing / and you don't have the proper "plugin" for your browser.

:)

Ken Pachkowsky
10-21-2006, 01:23 PM

Go to the first link and enter your room dimensions in the tables on that page. It will calculate the room modes and create a visual response to the listed mode frequency's.

The second link is a test cd with 10hz increments from 10-19; 20-29 etc up to 300hz. Also has a pink noise signal.

Run the test cd and verify the data that is presented on the first link and you should find it quite accurate. I can hardly wait to build a room around the system.

Ken

Ken Pachkowsky
10-21-2006, 01:26 PM
I am sure you are correct about that. He needs Java Runtime Libraries installed.

Nice to see ya.

Ken

Titanium Dome
10-21-2006, 03:28 PM
But us Yanks have to convert to metric. :banghead: Why do we have to change? Why can't the rest of you change instead, and by the way, everybody should speak English. :blah:

Bob Womack
10-24-2006, 11:15 AM
Thanks! Those were fun to play with!

Bob